Looking for advice on remote temperature monitors

likeadeere

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Since this is the world best BBQ forum, I would like advice on a remote temperature monitor. I've looked around, but every monitor is crap shoot if it's going to be dependable. I received a Weber Style temp monitor a couple of years ago and it seriously revolutioned my desire to BBQ. I have learned over the years that everytime you have to lift the lid to a bbq you lose temp and time. This is an obvious 'ah-ha' moment. I love being able to sit and watch my Seahawks play while monitoring my meat. What I'm looking for is a monitor that also tells me the inside temp of my grill. So a monitor with 2 probes, one for the meat, one for the inside temp. I've tried to use my monitor for inside temp, but it only goes up to 200 degrees; making it worthless in that department. I appreciate any help here. Price isn't really an issue - since I know, from experience, that having a good monitor is priceless.

joe

I really like the Maverick ET-73.

Two probes, one for the cooker with both a High and Low alarm and a probe for the meat with a high alarm.

Maverick came highly recomened here. Purchased one and has worked great so far. Only been a few uses.

Maverick ET-73 or NuTemp NU-701. I don't believe Thermoworks has a remote thermometer, but if they do - I'd guess it's top notch too.

Last edited:
I use the Maverick e-73. Some people complain about the range, but I have not had any issues. Retails for about $59 but you can get it at most places for $39ish

wow, thanks everybody. I'll probably go that route. I appreciate you taking the time

Back