• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Video: Man Cave Smoked Chili

Jim,

I really appreciate your contributions to the BBQ world. I look forward to all of your videos and hope you continue to share everything you do. Your data has helped me tremendously.

Dave

Looks great! So what do you like better? The smoked chili or normal chili? I got a new comp chili I'm trying out that has cubed brisket but I'm gonna add shredded pork butt to it.

Looks great! So what do you like better? The smoked chili or normal chili? I got a new comp chili I'm trying out that has cubed brisket but I'm gonna add shredded pork butt to it.

I like it either way. There are a lot of ways to infuse smoke flavor into chili, and the technique in this video is for maximum smoke. You could do it with just smoked meat... you could garnish with smoked cheese... It's all about what sort of intensity you might want.

Looks wicked, I'd bet the aroma is out of this world! Great idea for a cold Sunday! Thanks for posting!

The aroma on this cook was awesome! I can't wait to dig in to the leftovers for lunch at work this week...

Great video (as usual)! I was a little worried you had checked out and weren't coming back, so really stoked to see you're still on here.

Oh yea...that's awesome. I have yet to do smoked chili, but this is getting me one step closer. Good looking video.
I'm previewing it here at work and I don't have speakers, so I'll have to watch it again tonight.
One question though....you didn't just throw away the juices from the brisket pan, did you?

;)

Oh yea...that's awesome. I have yet to do smoked chili, but this is getting me one step closer. Good looking video.
I'm previewing it here at work and I don't have speakers, so I'll have to watch it again tonight.
One question though....you didn't just throw away the juices from the brisket pan, did you?

;)

I added a few tablespoons of it back to the dutch oven...

Looks great as usual JM, gotta love a good chili on a chilly day!

See what I did there?? nyuk nyuk:icon_smile_tongue:

Awesome video, John! I'm lovin' your addition of cocoa powder to reduce acidity. Excellent choice! :thumb:

That was great thanks. I have used both smoked brisket and pork in my chili and you are right it is great. I have also smoked a whole pot on my WSM and that was out of this world. Now I need to do what you did in smoke the meat and then smoke the chili. That recipe is almost identical to how I do it, except the beans, can't do beans in my chili. Excellent Video once again.

The aroma on this cook was awesome! I can't wait to dig in to the leftovers for lunch at work this week...

Haha you luckey basterd! Do you plan these leftovers?

Another great video John. Love your work.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

The is for the recipe. It was really good, we placed. 5th in chili, my best yet. We had chili for a week, everyone that came by and tried it or we did trade outs loved how tender the meat was, especially the pork butt. I might do the whole chili next time with a pork butt trimmed nicely. So again thanks.

Back