Brisket points

Some are ground into burger, some are corned.

Now, at my house.... points are treated differently, and with respect. :biggrin1:

IMG_1327aaa.jpg

IMG_1333aaa.jpg

That's interesting that you brought this up. I was at Costco last week checking out the meat section and saw all the flats and thought the same thing.

I might have to talk to the meat guys there and see if I can get the points for a discounted price. They sell the flats for around $6 per lb and I'm not paying that much for any part of a brisket.

Jerry

That's interesting that you brought this up. I was at Costco last week checking out the meat section and saw all the flats and thought the same thing.

I might have to talk to the meat guys there and see if I can get the points for a discounted price. They sell the flats for around $6 per lb and I'm not paying that much for any part of a brisket.

Jerry

Costco was a primary reason for this post because my local Costco doesn't have packer cuts, just flats. Not sure if that's true for all Costcos.

And, that price is interesting. The flats at my Costco (Utah) are about $4 a pound...or was when I got one in July.

Jerry

Smart and Final has the cheapest packers I've found in SoCal; if you go there make sure to look through the entire selection as I've found some marked Choice mixed in with the Select and they're all the same price per lb.

I had been buying my briskets from Sam's for years, up until this past June when I couldn't get a point any longer. Talked with the meat manager whom I have come to know throught the years and he explained that, however hard he tried, he couldn't get a packer or point from his distribution center. Nothing but flats these days. And the price has skyrocketed. Haven't beren able to find a point around here since mid-June. :-(

Screw the Flats Fat is where it's at sliced point rocks I call it Po Mans Prime Rib
37703db3-10c5-45f5-a652-435289f819bc.jpg

Smart and Final has the cheapest packers I've found in SoCal; if you go there make sure to look through the entire selection as I've found some marked Choice mixed in with the Select and they're all the same price per lb.

I get my packers at Smart and Final. They seem to have the best price. On occasion I see them at Walmart for a decent price. I would like to find a supply of points at a good price.

Jerry

Costco was a primary reason for this post because my local Costco doesn't have packer cuts, just flats. Not sure if that's true for all Costcos.

The Costco in Chino Hills is the same way. Most of the time it's just flats, every so often they have a whole brisket.

Back