Mutt Fried Rice

MS2SB

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Thursday's in my household are generally leftover day, I'll go through the fridge see what we have and try to make a meal out of watever I made earlier in the week. About two weeks ago I went through the fridge and found the following.
2 smoked chicken breasts, skin on
1/2 lb home cured and smoked bacon
a couple of carrots
some celery
1 bunch green onions
leftover white rice

To me this screamed for me to make up a fried rice using the mishmosh of ingredients that I had.

I started by cutting the bacon into lardon and rendering it down til crispy, I then diced the carrot and celery and cooked them until they were tender. It was at this point that I noticed that the chicken was still skin on so I peeled the skin off and cut it into ribbons and then sauteed it until crispy.

Here's a look at all of the ingredients so far.
IMG_7212_zpsbc4630b7.jpg

Then I diced up the chicken and tossed it into the skillet to brown a little
IMG_7218_zps26024ae3.jpg

While the chicken was browing I made a sauce using the following
(all measurements are approximate)
1/2 C low sodium soy
1 T garlic chili paste
2-3 tsp Red Boat 40 fish sauce
couple squirts srirachi
1-2 T shiaoxing wine

Once the chicken was warmed throuh I removed it from the skillet and tossed in 1 egg which I quickly scrambled, then tossed in the frozen peas and green onion quicky followed by the rice.
IMG_7220_zps157096bb.jpg

Once the rice had fried for 2-3 minutes I added the sauce a little bit at a time until I get to the desired flavor.
Finished product is below. This is a great way to use up leftover que, it would work great with PP, brisket, pork chops etc.
IMG_7221_zpsdbf06d48.jpg

Last edited:
You had me a bit worried with your thread title. :shock:

CD

Back