• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Find

RT

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have been checking this thing out just setting under a tree all alone for about a year so I just had to ask, yes scored this one for free. Just need to do some clean-up and put this thing to work.

Weber Kettle cooking is new to me so I will be looking for tips to get this thing going right.

Need to go check the temperature on the brisket cooking on my recent UDS build thanks to this GREAT site.

20jmu0h.jpg

wjif4.jpg

S-Weet!

Give it a good burn to get the nasties out

Use about 25% of the charcoal space for indirect cooking and put some fire bricks to partition it. Put the lid facing opposite the coals.

You'll love it...Congrats on the find

• Thanks
Reactions: RT
Great score. :clap: That'll give you years and years of faithful service. Good ol' Weber kettles are so versatile. Very modest learning curve. You're in for a lot of fun (and great food, too).

• Thanks
Free is good! Nice score!

I use my kettles almost exclusively for grilling. I use a two zone set up where I put the charcoal on one side of the grill and leave the other side empty. That gives me a direct zone for searing and an indirect zone. For most foods I will sear both sides and then move to the indirect side to finish. I also do a reverse sear where the meat goes on the indirect side until it is almost done and then onto the direct side to sear.

• Thanks
Great pickup, very versatile piece of armour.
You can do hot and fast or low and slow.
12 hour cooks are very achievable

• Thanks
Nice! Great price on it, too. I love my Webers, and I'm sure you will too.

Yep, can't go wrong with free. I'm going to break in my new kettle tonight with a tri-tip. Hope you enjoy yours.

• Thanks
Wow that was a nice score. Great looking Weber!

Back