Babyback Ribs

lhommedieu

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Starting these out at 250 for 2 hours and 225 for 2 hours or so until done. The original recipe calls for a mop every hour after 2 hours, but after reading some of the threads here I'm going to keep the lid on. Next time I'll do two and foil one for 1/2 hour or so and see which one I like better.

428625_411992085564615_185033304_n.jpg

Lookin' good! And yeah, you don't need no steenking mop. ;-)

Looks good from here ,keep them close to natural

What can I say, I'd hit that for sure.
btw: I love that old knife.

What can I say, I'd hit that for sure.
btw: I love that old knife.

In my family for at least four generations that I know. I use this one for 90% of the chores that I do in the kitchen.

The ribs turned out great: soft but still al dente; great flavor. I'm still a newbie at this: I'd tried baby backs a few times before but wasn't satisfied with the results as the smaller ribs on the rack were drying out. Turns out I was using an "imported" cut. When I switched to "American" baby backs there was a lot more meat and they stayed moist over 5 hours of BBQing.

Now I have a method that suits this cut of meat: Dry rub. 2 hours at 250, 2 hours at 225; no mop. Lift the cover at 4 hours to test (these took an additional hour); glaze with sauce 10 minutes before taking off the grill; extra sauce optional (I ate them without). Beer is optimal...

Back