• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Three reverse flow smokers/finished pics by TQ and Tyler

How does that trailer tow? I am not trying to be too critical, as I am sure you planned it with 150+ lbs of hardwood sitting up front. But empty, with the tongue that light, I am guessing it is a squirrely bugger going down the road. Not a real problem if you are pulling it behind the ATV on the farm, but at 50+ mph on the highway, I would be afraid she is wagging the dog pretty good. Now, load the front down with some good hardwood, and maybe it is not an issue...

Great work! Thanks for taking the time to answer all my PM's this week, it will probably be mid to late summer before I can get started on mine but I figure it's never to early to get the plans worked out.

How does that trailer tow? I am not trying to be too critical, as I am sure you planned it with 150+ lbs of hardwood sitting up front. But empty, with the tongue that light, I am guessing it is a squirrely bugger going down the road. Not a real problem if you are pulling it behind the ATV on the farm, but at 50+ mph on the highway, I would be afraid she is wagging the dog pretty good. Now, load the front down with some good hardwood, and maybe it is not an issue...

The trailer pulls straight as an arrow as is....... I have been building them for over 30 years. Believe me you can jerk the wheel all you want that trailer is balanced perfect. That is why I step my cookers into the trailer so I get the perfect tongue weight on a cooker. I have pulled them as far as Ohio. I have many many testimonials from people everywhere and I can assure you every last one of them have given me top of the line 1st class reviews. Keep your eyes peeled because they are going to hit the internet soon in our website..... Thanks for the concern but no need they are straight up perfect for pulling down the road, in the pic i was illustrating that once you get pass the tip point heck mamma can drag it around!!!!!!

SauceHitter Yes we made the wheels out of 8" pipe and 1/2" round rod

speers90 Glad I was able to help, heck many people have helped me over the years and i will forever be greatful.

SauceHitter the cooker started out round I just laid the ends out as a squared off cooker and built off of that. I have another one to start just like this one I will post pics along the way!!!1!

willieboy just to expound on what I commented on earlier about the tongue weight i got to the refinery this morning and the guy that purchased the cooker was commenting on how good the trailer pulled. Believe me I very well know about the 60/40 rule on tongue weight. But everyhing has a + or- factor to it. and i assure you everthing is taken into account!!!!!!! I do not think you were being critical at all.....looks can be deceiving

I bought one of Paul's smokers last year. The trailer is perfect. Running 80 mph on the interstate, I didn't know it was back there. Its that way with the front loaded down with wood, or empty.

I think u need some bigger therms on that trailer build.. JK . Man that is some awsome work i wish i had half the fab and welding skills u guys have

I bought one of Paul's smokers last year. The trailer is perfect. Running 80 mph on the interstate, I didn't know it was back there. Its that way with the front loaded down with wood, or empty.

Will some people just don't get it, it does not take as much tongue weight as some think, thanks for the Kudos!!!!!!

davefan360 thanks for the nice compliments if we build something we are going to do it with class and I mean first class, or else we will just go to the lake and crappie fish!!!!!!

Nice work and enjoy that a fellow craftsman can handle some nit witt picking on something (shelves) That person would be running for his life IF he picked up a welder and a spark went into his boot! He probably does not the difference between a screw driver and a willow twig..Or even wear boots, probably loafers..
Nice pics for the guys wanting to build their own cookers and projects. How many projects have you built that should not have worked and was kick arss..then how about that super genius idea thats still sittng out back in the scrap heap..
Keep up the spirit of pride and being able to produce something to be proud of!!! Pete

That thing looks amazing (the trailer one, but so do the others)! I just might have to drive to AL if I ever want to get a custom cooker!

All of your cookers just blow me away!! You two have serious talent. If I lived closer I'd be bugging you for welding lessons. lol :mrgreen:

Thanks for posting!! :clap2:

cowgirl coming from someone that I am not even worthy of toting their tools means a lot!!!!!! Thanks Jen!!!!

Thanks to each poster for commenting and looking!!!!! Our Motto is doing it right and do it with class!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice looken smokers!when is the web site going to be up so i can get some prices?they look good.

nice looken smokers!when is the web site going to be up so i can get some prices?they look good.

Should have done been up, it is my bad that it is not I have been burning the candles at both ends so to speak. I would say in less than 4 weeks I will be posting a link!!!!!

Back