120 Gallon Compressor Tank,Trailer Mounted, Offset Smoker Build - by Huntin Smoke & Pappy (pics) UPDATED

120 Gallon Compressor Tank,Trailer Mounted, Offset Smoker Build - by Huntin Smo

That's awesome...lots of great ideas there....

Awesome build, i want to do one like this sometime soon. One tip even though youre way past it: When youre welding the stripes onto the door (maybe you did this, idk) stitch weld them to lessen your warpage. Since welding shrinks the steel you start by 1 inch stitches at each end, then one in the middle, and dividing each stitch after that. I.E. ends then middle, then 1/4's then 1/8's, etc until you have it fully welded. If that makes sense lol.

Another work day this weekend. I plan to get the other two grates finished with expanded metal and get handle, grate stops, and grate hold downs done on all the grates. I als wouldn't mind getting started on a shelf in front of the doors.

Updated pictures 2-24-13

Huntin Smoke finished up the grates and added handle pockets. He also welded on the "grate stops" and "no tilt brackets". Built the frame for the shelf in front of the smoker doors using 1" tubing. Shelf will be covered with expanded metal.

BEFORE
IMG_4228.jpg

AFTER
IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

GRATE STOPS & NO TILT BRACKETS
IMG_4237.jpg

STRONG ENOUGH!
IMG_4235.jpg

FINISHED GRATES
IMG_4238.jpg

SHELF FRAME
IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

That is sooooo AWESOME!!!!!! Question: Will you be standing on the ground when checking your cooking chamber? How tall is the top rack when checking it while standing on the ground? This so awesome! great ideas for my build. Thank you for sharing!

Are you gonna have another shelf above that one? Or is it just gonna be one really low down shelf? Looks farking awesome so far, love how clean the grate handles are cut in there.

Are you gonna have another shelf above that one? Or is it just gonna be one really low down shelf? Looks farking awesome so far, love how clean the grate handles are cut in there.

Just one shelf. We had to put it that low because of the door handles. Otherwise we wouldn't have much useable shelf. Also with it being low we mitred the edges to you gouge your leg on a sharp corner plus there are little ones running around and didn't want them to get hurt as bad

I gotcha man, gotta keep them little ones safe. I can't wait to see this done, makes me wish I had welding skills. Maybe one day!

Back