Variety is the spice of life! Thanks!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Okay, so yesterday I did my first smoked pork butt on my weber kettle. Thanks to all the advice I have picked up here, it was absolutely outrageous! I ate it just like I would a good pork roast w/ some taters and vegies. No sauce or gravy necessary, I couldn't believe how juicy it was, so thanks for all the advice!

So for breakfast this morning I couldn't wait to try pulled pork sammies. I did a half and half cuz I wanted to try a couple different sauces as pulled pork sammies are new to me. I kept it simple, one half was the pork, a little Tastey Licks secret sauce and a scoop of creamy cole slaw (the sweet variety), the other half was the same, but I used Roxy's sc mustard sauce in place of the q sauce. I liked them both, but I am new to the mustard sauce, may take a little getting used to.

Now I would like to get some feedback on "pulled pork sandwiches your way". How do you all like your pulled pork sandwiches, what kinda sauce, slaw, what else do you put on yours, sliced onions, tomatoes? dill pickles, sweet pickles? Peppers?

Would love to hear the variations of what everybody loves on a pulled pork sammie!

Thanks again you all!

Usually no sauce for me, occasionally I will try some of the never ending variety I buy off here though, lol...

I do whatever coleslaw is handy at the time, but I have been on an asian style kick lately...

I am more partial to the Eastern Carolina Sauce which is basically apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, red chili flakes. You can add other stuff to it to make it your own but that is the base. It adds a nice tanginess and bite to the pulled pork. It is added to the pork right after pulling it, that way the pork will take in most of the sauce. I can eat sandwiches with just the pork and bun and be perfectly content!

Im not a huge fan of mayo, so I dont eat a lot of cole slaw. One thing i have done that paired well with the Pulled pork and Eastern carolina sauce is a fennel/apple slaw made with greek yogurt intead of mayo. When i did this, I had to add more of the carolina sauce though so i could get the bite from it, as the yogurt really cut into the carolina sauce.

I like mine with just a little drizzle of sauce, and I don't usually put slaw on it.

Back