• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need help from a Metal Fabricator

The burger stomper might work if i can't find someone to build me something...

A pressed burger is a tough burger, just form the patties with your hands no simpler way imho.

Is there no muffler shop or fence shop around there JM, take a concrete tool, trim the blade, take a section of 6" pipe, a little grinding and welding and you would have the tool. Prototype would be easy. Manufacturing, that would be the trick.

If alumium would be acceptable this would be easy for someone with a lathe. You can find 8" diameter, 1" thick discs at online metal suppliers. Cost is about $25. I used to machine parts for race cars from them.

JM, the answer is obvious...

0910rc_06_z+mig_and_tig_welding+miller_welder.jpg

:decision:

I have some 4" pipe that would work. pm me.

Michael

actually see you wanted 6. I probably could get a hold of some.

A pressed burger is a tough burger, just form the patties with your hands no simpler way imho.

I dunno about that. A compressed burger, yeah. But to form it into a patty without squeezing the bejeezus out of it, maybe not. And the parchment paper forms a seal to help capture whatever juices are being bounced around. Or at least they appear to.

The only thing I might do differently is mix the seasoning into the burger before "smashing", not sprinkle across the top afterwards. I think you'd get a better flavor that wouldn't be scorched when you flip the burger.

That smasher looks like a 5 or 6 inch circle that he is using in the video, so maybe a 4 1/2 inch patty about 3/4 thick? I'm kinda into deep frying my burgers but the last one I made was on the Weber over coals and it was superb with that charcoal - woody taste that no griddle gives.

That could possibly work too.... Meyer Metal Works is gonna produce one to the specs I asked for and we're gonna try it out soon hopefully...

I have the Meyer metal one and love it.

I'm wondering if you can just pull the hinge pin and just use the top half.

Chris

That is a good looking burger. I had some scrap 5.5" id x 6" od DOM laying around so I cut a few of these 3/8" long.

smasherring.jpg

They are carbon steel which I think should be ok if it's seasoned like cast iron would be. I plan on welding it inside and out like the left side of the drawing, the right side is welded only on the outside but I don't like the seam left on the inside where bacteria can hide.

smasher.jpg

I see Meyer Metal Works is gonna hook you up but if I get these done in the next 2 weeks let me know if you would like one.

stamping them on the griddle like the video sure seems slow and a lot more work.
i to want to see the end results.

Back