• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Looking for a good approach to reducing air leaks on my WSM

I've been using my 18 1/2" WSM for over a year now, and the gunk buildup is giving it quite a good seal.
I tweaked my door a bit and got a good seal on it also.

Bob

I have smoke leaking out of mine in the places you mention, but I still hold constant temperatures, so I really don't care that it leaks.

Is your's leaking enough to matter?

CD

Have you checked to see if your cylinder is out of round? Mine was and a new one was a big help.

Cajun Bandit door fixed the rest, no need for gaskets or anything else. Except maybe a IQ110 of something similar.

[QUOTE}get over it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not loosing sleep over it, so not much to get over :-D but I hadn't ever heard about checking the roundness stuff you mentioned so I'll def check that our. Thanks for the good info!

Is your's leaking enough to matter?

nope, i just wanted to know what guys were doing to seal em' up better. "Big Bertha" (my WSM) holds temp great and I have nothing but praise for them.

Have you checked to see if your cylinder is out of round?

Harbormaster recommended to check that too so that's what i'm gonna do next. either way, there have been 5-6 people on this thread recommend the Cajun door, so i'm gonna grab one of those too. thanks!

I have a nice gunky layer of build up and don't seem to have any problems. The temp holds nice and steady and the eatin' is great. That being said, i don't understand why Weber doesn't address that crappy door problem. Either leave it out or make it sturdier. IJS.

Harbormaster recommended to check that too so that's what i'm gonna do next. either way, there have been 5-6 people on this thread recommend the Cajun door, so i'm gonna grab one of those too. thanks!

If you can afford the whole pimp kit it is worth it. I really like the charcoal ring. IMO I think it gives better air flow.

It's supposed to leak, ever thought about that? It ain't broke, don't go on trying to fix it

Back