Friday's brisket with Pron

ozlites

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Had a quiet Thanksgiving this year, just me and my wife at home, had tried a new recipe I had found online for turkey legs festival style...Failed, threw em out, same result with the frozen creamed spinach...nasty stuff. My wife's sweet potato/pralined pecan casserole and grasshopper cheesecake saved the day. Luckily I was full, having stuffed myself eating sausage/rotel/queso dip during the Cowboys game.
Friday day off, warm weather, time for a brisket on the Keg! Did it hot and fast, with some Royal Lump and 2 mesquite chunks, maintaning 300d through most of the cook, until she dipped to 250 during the last hour where it probed like butter at 195d...7 hours in total and foiled in an ice chest for an hour or so. Rubbed it with Fiesta brand brisket rub, Kosher salt and cracked black pepper. By the time we had everything ready, the meat had gotten a bit cold after slicing so I ended up giving it a bath in boiling beef bouillon mixed a dash of worceshire and a spash or two of Stubbs smokey Mesquite sauce. Served with the leftover sweet potato casserole and some sauteed Kale and cannelinni beans...Oh and that grasshopper pie after!

Last edited:
What's a grasshopper pie?
I've eaten grasshoppers often enough but they were fried and in a paper cup?

This one is a mint cheesecake on a chocolate graham pie crust covered with a chocolate ganache (chocolate and sour cream)

A Grasshopper is a drink made with creme de menthe...

3/4 oz green creme de menthe
3/4 oz white creme de cacao
3/4 oz light cream

cocktail%2Bgrasshopper.gif

Back