Chuck roll

BeaglesBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever smoked a whole chuck roll. I got a few extra with the last cases i picked up at costco. i usually trim and cut them down into about 5 or 6 roasts and smoke that way, but was wondering if anyone had ever cooked one whole. If so how did it turn out and the method used? Girlfriend is working sat so looking for a nice slow cook for the day.

If ya smoke it whole, it will take All Day depending on size and temp. I did one and took 19.5 hrs

if you recall, what temp did you cook yours at and what was the weight on it?
did you inject it and did the smoke penetrate the meat enough?
mine are pretty darn thick, was thinking of butterflying one a bit as well.

100_0612.jpg

Beef Shoulder ~ 40+ lbs. ~ 250° - 275° ~ 26 hours. Well worth it!

Mine was 23 lbs I injected w/ Butcher. I smoked at 230 and ramped heat up every 2 Hrs till 275 Smoked with Cherry. Started more flat then plumped like a football as it cooked. Very Awsome!

Dan

decided against the whole roll seeing that Deniz wanted to go to charlottesville on sunday and id still be cooking it. so instead i did 2 boneless butts that were leftover from a gig (excited to be able to buy something with a bone again:)) as well as some of the chuck. as i was trimming the chuck roll i noticed that there was a muscle that looked very similar to that all familiar "money" muscle on the pork butt.. so i sectioned that out with a few of the other muscles and started the smoke. I have never had a better pot roast in my life!. didnt get a chance to take any pics of the before but i do have some of the after i will post later when i get them downloaded. MELT IN YOUR MOUTH

Back