Cooking for the homeless in Pensacola

smokeydog

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Last year I posted pictures of my cooking for the homeless at our church in Pensacola. Once a month I cook chicken quarters for the homeless, about 50 pounds. This month I changed the menu and I'm doing butts. Went to Sams and bought a case yesterday and put 65lbs on the Lang this morning. I'll update the pics today, currently its about 35 outside so I'll monitor from inside.

P2090027.jpg

What a wonderful thing to do! I'm looking forward to the pics! Stay warm.

I agree bless ya for helping out those folks. Granted there's some that abuse the system but hey we all need to eat. Nice work looks great they are some lucky people.

One thing I had to learn was not to judge the people that we serve. We are feeding about 100 every Monday and Thursday. It really helps to remember "if not for the grace of God that would be me". I've been blessed so my wife and I feel that we need to pass it on. I hope that some of my brethern will get inspired and look at doing the same thing. I get to cook, people get to eat. How could it be any better. Thanks for the support guys.

I get to cook, people get to eat. How could it be any better.

That would be all I need to hear, there is a guy in St. Louis that does the same thing only every day he goes to the projects the 'hoods, and cooks up hot dogs and hamburgers for them and they come out in droves when you pull up, really an experience.

. I get to cook, people get to eat.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Man... makes me want to stop paying my rent & move to Florida! :wink:

You done good! More of us need to get out and take charge like that.

My wife and I were talking the other night and decided that alot of problems in this country could be fixed if people started taking care of things that they could do. We feed the homeless at church, some aren't homeless, but they aren't real sure where the next meal is coming from, or how they are going to pay for it. Look at the book, "Same as me but different". We are all the same, be it BBQ Brethren or church or work or pulling for the same team. Thanks guys, now I'm looking for a bigger Lang so I can cook more. :rolleyes:

Dammit. This has made me think long and hard and I realized I'm doing nothing for anyone but my family. Now I'm inspired!

Back