• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Team Name Suggestions

Jamo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Okay, I get it... I'm jumping the gun here but I can't help myself. I'm the type of guy who likes to plan for the future, so despite the fact that I don't even have a smoker yet I'm thinking of the future when I will be competing.

With that in mind, I need a team name. I have a couple of ideas, but I also have the idea to offer catering down the road as well. So the name needs to work for both a team and a catering company.

Here are my thoughts:

1.) I work for a bank, so I thought maybe Banker-Que.
2.) I live in Buffalo, NY (known as the Queen City, or Nickel City), so either Queen City BBQ or Nickel City BBQ.
3.) Every night as I tuck my daughter into bed, she always asks me to "Rub back daddy?" I thought that would be a good team name, but maybe not a good one for the catering side.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamo

I'll keep thinking it over, but in the mean time Nickel City is already taken... Great group of guys! Check them out - they usually do at least RocCityRibFest and Oinktoberfest.

Depending on where you work ... Bailout BBQ? (sorry!)

How about Back Rub BBQ?

Daddy's Queen BBQ
Last Nickle BBQ
BBQ Bankers
BBQ Nickle Bankers

I have been spending too much of my day on this.

Buffalo Meat Cookers

Buffalo Meat & Smoke

Buffalo Meat & Provision

Four Men and a Wig:lol:

Pork Pullin Cowboys?:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the name of your town or community where you may be catering and competing? See if there any local "themes" out there that people relate to or are familiar with and then adapt your team name to that. This way once you're up and running you'll already have a little name recognition from the local folks. :cool:

I first started competing under "SouthPaw BBQ" then I teamed up with a friend of mine to form "Left Hand Smoke". When I decided to go into catering I chose "SouthPaw BBQ" because of it's marketability to the local sports community. :p

How about "Smokin' Buffalo BBQ"...it would make a killer logo...:cool:

Good luck...:biggrin:

I think...

Wide Right BBQ would be good...

Man, did that cost me a lot of money....

Great Ideas Folks!

I think my favorite one so far is the Lake Effect BBQ. Its fun and also works as the potential catering name.

Looking at the back rub names just gave me a vision of going up for a call and hearing snickering about "happy endings". So those are out.

Wide Right BBQ is also good though.. Urgh, too many good names.

I always liked WE TODD DID bbq'ers Read it out loud in front of someone, you might not catch it if you read to yourself

Back