View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

This is for going all the way and no foil. Pans are acceptable in this example but no need to cover.

Okay, you can see me both to the bend test and nearly get my heads split open on this video. I found my sauce brush in the gutter this fall it was thrown so far.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Popdaddy.../8/01EAArFMVRY

Okay here are some other things of interest. I think Thirdeye has about the best example of Pig Honey I have seen as although he and I are great pitmasters, I suck at talking pictures.

On large reverse smokers with the static diverters
Attachment 34058
(Like the Brazos Here loaded up with a load of ribs)
or the adjustable tuning plates like Klose, the noise of 20 or more racks of ribs when they weep is more noticeable when it his the plates. Its heaven and its what we refer to when we say we cook my sound.

Pig Honey is what comes out of the rib meat when they really begin weeping.

Attachment 34052

A rack set not weeping yet. Parts are but not all over. Its actually a shame to open the pit at this stage to take a pic. Notice the Dull Dry look on the meat. No - No Need to baste.

Attachment 34053

A rack that is now, without basting, making hissing noises in my pit. The dripping sounds are cool too.

Attachment 34057
Another example of weeping ribs - no foil or mops or spritzes. If you look real close, you can see maybe some really good pig honey. Pig Honey is gold in color and foamy and usually comes out between the ribs. When you see this happen to ALL of your ribs, shut everything down and keep the door closed for 30 -40 minutes.

Attachment 34054
Ribs resting in a pan, note the bark.

Attachment 34056
Typical Bending - this is firm for my tastes. But a few minutes on the grill and it loosens up a might. Barky outside, juicy in the middle.

Attachment 34055
Shot of my new finishing grill. Before yall all get started, since I work for charity, cooking the ribs at my convenience to be frozen or chilled for a quick grill later for flash has been a great idea that anyone can do.

Last edited by barbefunkoramaque; 04-03-2011 at 02:32 PM..
barbefunkoramaque is offline   Reply With Quote