Head Country Discount?

417bullelk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we get any kind of discount from Head Country? I noticed on the website that it has a place for a coupon/promotional code when you checkout.

TK sent me some, so he might know.

And the other day, I noticed the original sauce is carried by my local Target.

Living in Oklahoma I'm pretty lucky because I can get Head country at walmart for a great price. I got hooked on it at the Blazathon in Stillwater,Ok. It's great stuff!

i havent tried getting a code fro Head country, but since i use it too, I'll give them a call and try.

Their stuff is really cheap already - postage is what gets you. When I ordered sauce trade chit for Thillin I inquired about the promotional/coupon code. They don't have 'discounts' - that spot on the site is for entering a gift certificate number if you have one. That would be cool if Mary can pull some strings - their stuff is well worth the price.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll hold off until I hear back from you mighty Grand One.

I am hooked on the hot stuff and got some people at work plus most of my neighbors hooked on it. Heck, I gave away 3 bottles to the neighbors just last night. It was funny watching them open 'em up and practically drink it. You're right tk, at $2.00 a bottle by the case it very reasonable but they get you in the arse (without the KY/Vaseline) on the shipping. I am going to order 4 cases of sauce, a 3lb. rub, 3 bottles of marinade (if you haven't tried this stuff you need to :!: ), a jar of salsa and an apron. I would think that is enough for some sort of discount to ease the pain of the shipping.

What are you guys paying a bottle for the sauce at Wal-Mart and Target?

I am going to order 4 cases of sauce, a 3lb. rub, 3 bottles of marinade (if you haven't tried this stuff you need to ), a jar of salsa and an apron.

Dustin - order the sauce by the gallon - it's like $10 (equivalent to 7 bottles). Also - I bought one gallon of rub (I think it's 7# for $12). And Dude - don't get the apron (especially if DaPitBoss is in town).

Apron ain't for me tk. I always wear my Q'in shirt (It's got to have a least one hole and 2 sauce stains on it). Now I have 2 since I got me a Fire Good! sauce shirt from Spice. Thanks for watching my back on that one though. Should have made it clear in the original post.

Last time I ordered a 7# for me, the 3 # is for one of the guys at work. I still have about 2.5 pounds. I order the sauce in bottles cause I like to take it with me when I go places. Taking it in a tupperware container just ain't the same. Besides, I like to share it with the neighbors and friends that haven't been introduced to good sauce.

.......If caught wearing an apron when DaPitBoss is around he might try to hit ya.......

BBQchef33 said:
i havent tried getting a code fro Head country, but since i use it too, I'll give them a call and try.

Hey GP...you get a chance to call? I need to get the order in soon..very soon. If I need to call, let me know, I will need the specifics like how many members strong are we and I'll explain our ties to other sites/competitions/etc.........

What are you guys paying a bottle for the sauce at Wal-Mart and Target?[/quote]

Living in Oklahoma I can get a 32oz. original for $2.37 or 16oz. of any flavor for $1.27 at walmart.

417bullelk said:
Wow...thats cheap. Sure wish the locals stores here carried it.

Wouldn't hurt to ask WalMart. If one carries, they should all be able to get some to you local store. Especially if you're going to buy by the case.

Ty

OUCH...just put my order in...couldn't wait no longer......$46 shipping. Sent them an e-mail today to see if they are willing to give the group a discount if we order enough. I'll keep you informed.

willkat98 said:
417bullelk said:
What are you guys paying a bottle for the sauce at Wal-Mart

Greg, he is talking to you.

I pay between $.99 (Sweet Baby Rays) to $3.25 (Robinson's Brown Sugar) at Meijer. Depends on the sales.

Whoops.

Misunderstood the question.

Bottle of Head Country is $3 or so here.

You also got Elmers, Cec, which is da bomb on fried chicken[/quote]

You mean some people still fry chicken? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, Head Country hot is awesome. I find it at Alberstons's in OKC. Haven't seen it at the Walmart neighborhood market location in our area, maybe I missed it. Sam's in OKC has regular Head Country but not the "hot". Best wishes.

Back