• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Assassin28

Big Ed, it looks great! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I know you took some stuff I did and glad they are adding a couple options as standard now but you will love that rack spacing, again all the cooks I have done it really fits will with the multiple sizes of meat as well as to max out pans. Holler at me when you get it. :clap:

I just got a call from UPS, and they will be delivering the smoker on Tuesday morning. :whoo: I will definitely send you a PM over the weekend. Have quite a few questions. Thanks for all your posts. They've been a lot of help.

Well the new Assassin arrived today. I captured a few pics of the delivery and uncrating. I am going to season it tomorrow, so I'll post a few pics of that as well as try to take some video. Hopefully I remember how to use the video camera.

Shot of the delivery guy moving stuff around in his truck, so he can get to the smoker.
smoker4.JPG

smoker5.JPG

smoker6.JPG

Here are Pics of the uncrating. I have to admit, I am pretty impressed with how well this was packed and crated. I have never purchased anything of this size, so I don't know if this is the norm. But this guy was strapped down tight.

smoker7.JPG

smoker8.JPG

smoker9.JPG

smoker10.JPG

Here are couple of pics of what it looked like when I first opened the door, the contents of what was in the box, and a shot of the cover on the smoker.

smoker11.JPG

smoker12.JPG

smoker13.JPG

smoker14.JPG

As I mentioned earlier, I will try to post some more pics tomorrow of the seasoning. Thanks for looking.

Absolutely Awesome!!! Mine was crated yesterday and is being picked up for delivery this morning :whoo:. It should be delivered Friday or Monday at the latest!! Heisenberg is on his way! :shock:

What's the purpose of having the slam latch and the 2 manual latches?

Oh my that's beautiful! Hmmm, my long-term plan was to get a Backwoods shipped over late next year, but this is making me think again!

What's the purpose of having the slam latch and the 2 manual latches?

I have a 24....the slam latch is really nice if your hands or full....the manual latches just compress the gasket a little bit more so you get a tight seal.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: cpw
Looks great BigEd, looks almost as good as mine :)

Shot you an email with my suggestions and answers to your questions.

Well I was able to get the Assassin (now lovingly called "Big Red") fired up and seasoned. Here are some of the pics.

Wiping out all of the dust and residue from manufacturing.
smoker15.JPG

smoker16.JPG

Sprayed vegetable oil on all of the bare metal surfaces on the door, racks, and inner smoker walls.
smoker17.JPG

Back