Brisket and more. PRON

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Thought I would go ahead and post the first pics for you Brothers. Coming alone nicely. Had to move the briskets over to a cooler part of the pit. they were cooking a little to fast to suit me.:p

klose2003.jpg

klose2005.jpg

klose2006.jpg

klose2008.jpg

klose2009.jpg

klose2004.jpg

klose2010.jpg

klose2011.jpg

Looking good, but I have let my calls back up to 4 and pager just went off again. I'm afraid if I leave it, I'll fark it all up. What to do. Any suggestions.:eusa_clap

Looks great...

Remember... if you don't answer those calls, there won't be enough money for future cooks......move the meat to the coolest part of the pit, go on the calls and hope for the best when you get back.

I hate being on call! Probably gonna jinx myself here but I've been on since last Monday and go off call in the morning. Nothing happened as of yet. Please keep it that way Lord.

Made it back, my wife tended the fire when she saw the temp was dropping. First time, good for her. Might be hope yet. More pics uploading now. Will post shortly.

Nice looking grub, Jacob! Is it cold there? I'm wondering why you have a blanket on the pit. I don't own a Klose but I've help Phil cook on his and I've cooked on Greg's and neither have needed blankets except on the coldest winter day. Just curious...

Nice looking grub, Jacob! Is it cold there?
I'm wondering why you have a blanket on the pit.
I don't own a Klose but I've help Phil cook on his and I've cooked on Greg's and neither have needed blankets except on the coldest winter day. Just curious...
I dont want it to get dirty.:biggrin: Really though It came a thunder boomer earlier, I did it to hold the heat and left it to dry. Not needed to maintain at all. Old habits hard to break.

klose2025.jpg

klose2024.jpg

klose2022.jpg

klose2021.jpg

klose2017.jpg

klose2018.jpg

klose2016.jpg

got to head out again, another call. Got this far.

I dont want it to get dirty.:biggrin: Really though It came a thunder boomer earlier, I did it to hold the heat and left it to dry. Not needed to maintain at all. Old habits hard to break.

Got it... makes sense to me.

Don't let him fool you with that crap!!

He loves that pit so much he is SLEEPING with it!!:wink::lol:

Good looking Q!!

Note to self: remember to remove blankets and pillows from any pics that I post of my new Spicewine.:wink:

Looking good Jacob! That brisket looks juicy!

Brisket and butts in cooler resting. Just got back in and thats what I need to do after I wash the smoke off. Not going to slice tonight. I will take a pic when I do and post. I took them 190 and going by feel they are going to be very moist. Hoping,hoping, hoping.

That last flood call did the briskets in. They were still tender but a little over cooked. One was dried out bad. But here are the final pics I promised.
klose2026.jpg

klose2027.jpg

klose2028.jpg

Looks real good to me too. I would hit it.

Jacob, from the looks alone, I would be proud to serve that.

Back