How'd yours come out? Let's see some Turkey PRON!

GreasePig

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Here is mine! Please excuse my mom's funky Thanksgiving tablecloth! :roll:

DSCN0921_edited.jpg

DSCN0919_edited.jpg

Let's see some PRON my Brethren!

Turkey came out REALLY good. well worth the brining. It actually got done earlier then I expected since max smoker temp was 260. I was able to hold it in a cooler and took it to my sisters. It remained moist and tender even after slicing and laying on platter. Had a mild smoke flavor (cherry and apple). I iced the breast with the thought that with breast cooler the thighs and breast would get done at same time and they pretty much did. I also soaked some cheesecloth in a mixture of butter, white wine and some rosemary and layed it over the top. I basted it again about every hour or so, removing the cheesecloth for the last hour.

dressing was a "bacon /apple" that i got from home cuisine magazine. pretty much like this one but instead of 2 cups of onions , I used 1 cup celery and 1 cup onion. http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...uff75732.shtml. I also through in a little bob evans maple flavored smoked fatty for good measure.

Last edited:
Here's mine using the dry-salt brine recommended by leanza.. rubbed with Dizzy Shakin' The Tree and Tsunami Spin with olive oil soaked cheesecloth with fresh rosemary and tyme.

Cooked on XL BGE at 325 degrees.

Probably the best turkey I have made yet. I highly recommend the dry salt brine.

Last edited:
I didn't get to :mad::mad:, uncle did all the turkey cooking, and used that "big easy" propane fueled indirect cooker, I have to say it was very good.

I bought a turkey to smoke next week :icon_clown:icon_clown

Those all look good. The in-laws cooked yesterday, and my turkey is in the brine as I type. Tomorrow morning the bird goes in the egg for a lunchtime dinner. :cool: Then I'll post proof pics. :wink:

First time Turkey on the rotisserie. Nice set up. Wish they made one for the Ranch Kettle:biggrin:

DSCN0183.jpg

First Timer

UDS 12 lb stuffed with oranges. tasted better than it looked

IMG_4337.jpg

First attempt at turkey on my rotisserie uds. Sorry the pictures were not as good as the turkey.

Last edited:
Back