Jefferson City, MO New Contest

There pretty good but still seems high especially for a new contest.

They've got a few others to compete with. I think it's great, SP. Did you see payouts? That will draw plenty of teams! Personally, I'm looking forward to it. Didn't GAB charge huge amounts their first year?

Yea but the GAB had 10,000 for GC and 175 for small space. Im not say its bad and I might do it. Just thought it was a little high. Same weekend as Osage so I wont be doing either this year.

We plan on entering...The entry is not too high considering the payout. Only 5 miles from the house...Plus the guy running it is a cook so it is going to be cooker friendly

Hmmm... interesting! Might have to think about that one. That would put us four out of five weeks in a row I think. That might be a little much.

Plowboy said:
Hmmm... interesting! Might have to think about that one. That would put us four out of five weeks in a row I think. That might be a little much.

We have done 7 in a row...Not too bad just a little tired....Looking to do 9 in a row this year:!:

Plowboy said:
I've done 5. Two were without Randy. I was a lot tired.

I think Mark's plan is to do one every weekend since I am back to normal....

Thought we were going to get to do Oklahoma Joe's but Randy's middle Daughter graduates that day. He wants to do the GAB, so I think we'll do Platte City and GAB in May. Gotta see if I can get a refund on Oklahoma Joe's since I had already paid.

Plowboy said:
Thought we were going to get to do Oklahoma Joe's but Randy's middle Daughter graduates that day. He wants to do the GAB, so I think we'll do Platte City and GAB in May. Gotta see if I can get a refund on Oklahoma Joe's since I had already paid.

We will see u there....Can't do Ok joes and Gab back to back that is where I put my foot down....LOL:p GAB great contest one of our favorites.....

Becky, it's great to see you back healthy and doing well! Hope we see you guys at the banquet.

Looks like the start of my season is:
Osage City 4/13
Wildcat BBQ 4/20
Platte City 5/11
Okie Joes 5/18
GAB 5/25

Andy, think about coming out to Sugar Creek and hang with me. Looks like you are open that weekend. Randy will be in and out that contest to manage the farm and maybe open his trailer for concessions. I'm bringing my camper for that one.

Plowboy said:
Andy, think about coming out to Sugar Creek and hang with me. Looks like you are open that weekend. Randy will be in and out that contest to manage the farm and maybe open his trailer for concessions. I'm bringing my camper for that one.

We can talk about it at the banquet. I wanted to cook Sugar Creek, but I imagine it will be full before I have enough money to pay the entry :roll: Last year I missed it due to it filling so early - so I cooked Warsaw. I wont have any BBQ funds together until too late, and I am not going back to Warsaw. Hangin with you may be the ticket :wink:

Bubba said:
Bubba and Jeff's BBQ will be there

Hey Bubba there is going to be a meeting in Ashland this weekend and the guy putting on the contest is going to be there to answer questions...that is why we are going....Last we have heard he is filling up pretty fast. Looked on the website today and they are having a people's choice buck a bone an they are going to be having bands, beer garden, vendors,, ect...think it might be bigger then what everyone is thinking.

Back