IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "Easter Feast & Leftovers!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Easter Feast & Leftovers"

easter-candy-400x400_zpsf431315b.jpg

As chosen by Bluesman for winning the "Extravaganza of Peppers!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Bluesman said:
Moose,

How about....Easter Feast and Leftovers. Covers the weekend and all through the week. Some great dishes come out of Holiday leftovers. .....no special rules.... none...nadda. Have at it....:thumb:
Bluesman

What? No special rules? :pout:

:laugh:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/18 through Sunday 4/27.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 4/28

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Maybe we can add that you must dress like a bunny and hide your eggs while cooking....Eh?

So, we have to eat leftovers as part of our Easter Feast then?

(and you thought there were no special rules)

Oh, is this going to be an anal category?

(you may need to have seen another thread to GET that reference)

So, we have to eat leftovers as part of our Easter Feast then?

(and you thought there were no special rules)

Yes, that is correct. Your entry must consist of an Easter Feast, plus some leftovers. :thumb:

It's on a dvd my sister made for all of us at my mom's 90th. EVERYBODY in the room was screaming lines from that movie when the pic showed. I'll have to figure out how to capture the image as it's a slide show thingie with music.

Use the "Print Screen" button.

So, I assume by the lack of response that this isn't going to become an anal event then?

Yes, that is correct. Your entry must consist of an Easter Feast, plus some leftovers. :thumb:

No its Easter feast or leftovers using stuff from the Easter feast. This way folks have an extra week to figure out what to do with that left over ham.....:becky:

It's on a dvd my sister made for all of us at my mom's 90th. EVERYBODY in the room was screaming lines from that movie when the pic showed. I'll have to figure out how to capture the image as it's a slide show thingie with music.

Pause the slideshow and take a screencap.

Why, oh WHY do you keep encouraging him?:twitch:

Look, when you farkers open a thread some day and start screaming about your eyes burning, I'll remind you how you brought all this upon yourselves.:tsk:

Why, oh WHY do you keep encouraging him?:twitch:

Look, when you farkers open a thread some day and start screaming about your eyes burning, I'll remind you how you brought all this upon yourselves.:tsk:

Oh and the picture of you eating cake didn't traumatize anybody. ..eh...:twitch:

No its Easter feast or leftovers using stuff from the Easter feast. This way folks have an extra week to figure out what to do with that left over ham.....:becky:

Now I'm confused. :crazy:

I thought it was Easter Feast AND Leftovers, not Easter Feast OR Leftovers.

So that means I can reheat leftovers, so basically, this is a leftovers TD now?

:confused::confused::confused:

:heh:

Here Moose, maybe this will help.

With OR, one or the other must be true in order for the entry condition to be met.

If you enter an Easter Feast instead of leftovers, then this meets one of the two conditions (Easter Feast), so it is a valid entry.

If you enter leftovers instead of an Easter Feast, then this meets one of the two conditions (leftovers), so it is a valid entry.

If you enter an Easter Feast made from leftovers, then this meets both criteria (Easter Feast AND leftovers), so it is a valid entry.

If your entry is neither an Easter Feast nor leftovers, then it meats none of the criteria (Easter Feast or leftovers), so it gets a Dilly Bar.

Of course, I think we are going to exclude NULL entries in order to prevent anyone who doesn't enter from showing up as a perfectly legal entry.

But, if Bluesman thinks differently, he can override this, of course.

Back