Guess that Cut.......Pron........Live Action

Probed at 5 hrs and not ready- I was thinking 6 hrs when I started this- we'll see

I'm running a mix of KBB and B&B Lump and its running 290's-310* with 3/4 intakes open -until I open it - lid off 45 seconds to probe and temps are Spiking to 340,350* and when I wrapped the lid was off for a couple of minutes it shot up to 400* and took a while to come down even with 3 inlets capped - so I dunno if I like Lump in UDS...... :-? first time trying it - - with all KBB I have much smaller temp spikes. - the other lump cooks were in the other smoker or the Kettle.

Last edited:
Man I overcooked them a Hair -- Definately Tender and Not Dry but they "pull" or shred Too Easy.......Brisket was about right -- pretty good for a Flat - I've done better with packers tho

Pulled Rib meat on sliced French Bread with a lil cut Stubbs = Mmmmmmm :grin:

null_zps69637c78.jpg

null_zpsafa45d67.jpg

null_zpsb0cd1d68.jpg

null_zpsdaf8e297.jpg

6.5 hrs total but I think it was that big temp spike to 400* when I wrapped it all that hurt the cook cuz it took almost an hour to get back down to 300* - I didn't want to kill fire, choke it off completely like I've done before trying to get temp down, cuz that really blows trying to get a burn going again!!!! :evil:

Kids have already about wiped out the brisket! Guess it ribs for lunch for me this week. :grin:

I brought one Rib in for lunch today and one swipe with plastic knife bone was Stripped clean and it made 3 Deliscous White Bread Sammiches!!!!!! I ate 2 and shared one and the fellar darn near turned flips. :mrgreen:

Back