Looking into a pellet pooper....

Before I give you my thoughts, What is your budget and what are you going to use it for? Backyard, comps? How do you want to cook with it? Grilling, Smoking? Both?

Yoder cause they are downright sexy. You would never regret buying a YS-640. Esp sitting on a comp cart.

I'm happy with my Memphis Pro for both smoking and grilling.

Budget is not really an issue. Lol! Well, prefer not over 3G, but mainly backyard and smoke....

Thanks... It makes a difference.

My preference is for Yoder as well. They are built like tanks and put out excellent food. There is nothing wrong with the RecTec, but head to head I would buy a Yoder.

Just get ready to buy a Yoder stick burner. Because of the quality Yoder puts out. I see that a stick burner is missing from your lineup. Esp since budget isn't an issue. LOL.

Built in the USA...built like a tank...money no problem? Yoder all day is my answer.

Just get ready to buy a Yoder stick burner. Because of the quality Yoder puts out. I see that a stick burner is missing from your lineup. Esp since budget isn't an issue. LOL.

Actually, I just saw a Yoder Kingman for sale on Facebook and it is in Central Texas :-D

Yeah, I had a Bandara for years and recently passed it on to a friend. Was looking at the yoder Stockton, but couldn't figure out a way to get a 1100# smoker into the backyard. Never owned a water smoker, so I decided to start with the bws party g2. Love bws by the way. Maybe a new stick burner is in the near future as well.....?

Really? I don't have fb. Any more details?

I don't know if he is a member here or not. Here is a picture.

1911819_10202249045644082_933795569_n.jpg

He says it is 10 months old and he is asking $4100.

If you think you want more info send me a PM with your contact info and I can get it to him.

Yeah, I had a Bandara for years and recently passed it on to a friend. Was looking at the yoder Stockton, but couldn't figure out a way to get a 1100# smoker into the backyard. Never owned a water smoker, so I decided to start with the bws party g2. Love bws by the way. Maybe a new stick burner is in the near future as well.....?

LOL Bandera's are what started this site. But Bandera VS a Yoder stick burner is like comparing a Geo to a BMW. just my opinion.
Rec Tec or Yoder, Your picking from the best !! And yes, Backwoods Rock ! You gots good taste!

I agree 100% with this. A Yoder stickburner is in my future, just not as soon as I would like it to be.

Wife and I have had a Yoder YS640 for a little over 2 years and have been very happy with it. GrillGrates over the burn pot and it is a steak searing machine!
Comparing price, warranty, cooking area size, gauge of materials used in the construction and high/low temp ranges to other brands the YS640 is a great choice.

I think you'd be quite happy with either from what I hear about the Yoder. I have the Rec Tec -- it's very well made and I've been really happy with it. Great folks to deal with too.

I don't know enough about it to evaluate the manufacturers claims about the benefits of a side vs center burn pit. The Rec Tec holds more pellets -- not a significant benefit in my mind in the summer but with the way things have been this winter where I am it could have been more convenient if I had tried any overnight cooks. It has less headroom than the Yoder. I've cooked a 15lb turkey in it though without any issues so not sure that's a huge benefit to the Yoder for me at least. The extra height probably does help if you are running a second rack.

Probably not the best reason to select one over the other but they do have different looks. My kids thought the bull design was really cool :-D

Both are solid units but the Yoder would win out for me. What are your plans for it exactly? Just back yard stuff? Comps? Etc...

Yoder without a question. I live and die by a stick burner and I really don't know anything about pellet cookers...But I can tell you from owning a Yoder Chisholm II you would be hard pressed to buy a better built cooker.

Back