• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Quick question about UDS parts

Slicer021

Reaction score
Hey All. I am building my 1st UDS ( 1st smoker I will own as well ). I have recently purchased my 55g Food Grade drum. I just wanted to know if there were any particular websites or facilities that were recommended by the Brethren Community for getting parts and what not for my project? Just wanted to go to the sites that were supported by the Brethren 1st before I just picked up my stuff from a random website. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

I was able to get everything I needed at the local Menard's and Ace Hardware stores. I already had a step drill bit, so I have less than $50 in my UDS, including the drum!

My UDS is my first smoker, as well. I'm on my second smoke today. The first one was a butt last weekend that was a huge hit. I have ribs on today. I'm not so sure about these. I got a rub recipe from the 'Net and I'm reserving judgement until we eat.

Scott

I usually hit Home Depot, they sell Weber grill parts and also have all the hardware and fittings needed.

where'd you get your drum? i live near Wilmington, but i'm originally from Goldsboro and i still make it up there to see family fairly often. my wife is from Nahunta, home of what they call the world's largest pork display :grin:

Homo Depot or the local hardware(My first choice, I support independent local businesses)

where'd you get your drum? i live near Wilmington, but i'm originally from Goldsboro and i still make it up there to see family fairly often. my wife is from Nahunta, home of what they call the world's largest pork display :grin:

Cool man I actually live in Nahunta about a mile from Nahunta Pork Center. There is a guy here in Nahunta that has some that I am picking up in the next couple days. He has alot of food grade but he is searching for one w/o the dreaded liner for me. Either way tho I will be getting one from him. Thanks for the replies everyone. I will check out Home Depot and/or Lowes as well as Bigpoppas. Just wanted to check with all of you for Brethren Supported places.

I second the local ma' and pa' hardware store. A good hardware store will have everything you need, save maybe a good temp guage, which I just ordered off fleabay.

Back