• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hermann, MO brat category next weekend

kcpellethead

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I read on here that a few folks are headed to Hermann to cook that contest next weekend. I sent my entry in late, so I don't have a packet yet. However, I called the organizer today. The brat category is going to be KCBS garnish rules (9" x9" styro container with lettuce, parsley, and cilantro only) and just brats. No buns, no condiments, no other garnish. He did mention that some folks may put some kind of sauce on their brats.

Also, the People's Choice brat tasting contest will be held a couple hours before and after turn-in on Saturday.

When I sent my app off last Friday, I had indicated that we would not participate in either of these two categories. Then I started to rethink it today, so I called. Glad I did. I think we'll pass this year.

For those of you that were getting things together for this event next weekend, I thought this was good information. Might save you some trouble and packing.

Rod, I'm not following... are you passing on the entire event or just the two brat contests?

Just the two brat events. Sorry for the confusion. When you're a small team (two people), it's just too hard to have one team member handing out samples on Saturday morning. And, once the last category is in, we spend the next hour plus cleaning up and packing up before awards. Then it will be a three hour trip home. Both of those categories would be awesome on Friday night.

Rod, Do you know how many teams are signed up?
Skip

Team Q will be there as well as Wayne (MoKanMeatheads)
Still working on the sauce with Herman Wine.

Thanks for the info Rod. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I guess I need to find some Herman wine and get going on the sauce myself. Whatever wine doesn't go well with our sauce at least we will get to drink it.

Jay, I hope you will have your 'rita machine, if we end up taking only one vehicle we may not have room. :( If the weather doesn't look good we will take two and pull the camper, otherwise we will take one and sleep on cots.

Skip,

Congrats on the win! When I spoke with them last week, they had 26 - 28 teams already. That's why I sent my entry in the next day. The lady told me that they only have power for 30 teams. I think the entry form says they would take up to 32. Either way, they are close to capacity as of last Friday.

MoKanMeathead said:
Thanks for the info Rod. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I guess I need to find some Herman wine and get going on the sauce myself. Whatever wine doesn't go well with our sauce at least we will get to drink it.

Jay, I hope you will have your 'rita machine, if we end up taking only one vehicle we may not have room. :( If the weather doesn't look good we will take two and pull the camper, otherwise we will take one and sleep on cots.

Hey Wayne, do you have those canopys fixed yet? Good luck guys.

Hey Wayne, do you have those canopys fixed yet? Good luck guys

Nope - they were un-fixable. Trashed them and bought a 10 x 20 Hercules. We really liked it at the Blue Springs contest.

Looks like I get to see some Brothers once again this year. I'll be judging at Hermann. I don't think I'll get there till Sat. morning though. Look forward to see some of you again and some for the first time.

I hope to see everyone in Herman. I'll be judging. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solidkick said:
Good! Tell me what I need to change to get back in the top 10 again! LOL

You are already there. Kick you the man!! Keep your chin up and go do what you do best!
Best of luck!!!!!

Kick, I'm with Chick-n-Pig, you just keep doin' what your doin'. I've ate your Q and it's good stuff.

A brat Contest ? How in the hell do you doctor up a Brat ?

I don't know, but this is in the heart of german country so they should be good as long as they don't get screwed up.

Back