A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

you have to change the date cause i can't go :sad:

It's Saturday/Sunday, not Friday/Saturday. The SOS (Serving of Sandwiches) is Sunday after church.

Bubba and Mike said last night that its a done deal. See you all down there, sounds like a blast.

Scott

I've got Copey's Butcher to provide some of the meat. They asked me to check back later (closer to the date) to see where they were at and what they could give. I'll be calling Sam's and other local butchers this week to see what else we can drum up.

Just cooks will work... We did some UDSs last year, and may do some more. Those that made them I will ask to loan them for the weekend so we have more cooking area.

Plus, we may do another UDS workshop in March.

I'll be bringing 'The Mistress' so we should have enough space for about 150 pounds of meat on her....

Do we get to see the Lang????????????

Why, did you need information on how it works???? (duck and cover mod!!!!)

I'll be bringing 'The Mistress' so we should have enough space for about 150 pounds of meat on her....
I plan on coming. Depending on who all comes with me, I may bring 4 WSMs, I may not.
If the whole fam comes then I'll bring one or two.
If it's just me and one of the boys, I'll bring all 4. I can do 5-6 butts per WSM.

Mark, my teammate, may be there this year, and he'll be able to do 410 lbs of whatever (that's the most we've done at one time).

Mark, my teammate, may be there this year, and he'll be able to do 410 lbs of whatever (that's the most we've done at one time).

When I need to do more than 150 pounds on a regular basis, is when I'll look at another smoker.... Oh look dear... A trailer with twin Lang 104's pulling into our driveway... It's not the cost that stops me... It's trying to explain to my daughter why the two of us need a fifth smoker.... :eek::eek::eek: (You don't really think I would be getting rid of any of them that I already have do you?????:icon_cool)

On what pit? The same pit I had last year... The trailered homemade job we use for competitions.

A side note here -

If y'all could say a prayer for me I'd really appreciate it. I have an interview tomorrow and it's a great job. I really hope this comes through.

Thanks!!

Pat, give me a call tomorrow.. let me know how it goes.

If y'all could say a prayer for me I'd really appreciate it. I have an interview tomorrow and it's a great job. I really hope this comes through.
Pat - consider it done.
I only met you the one time, but I can tell you that it will be a lucky company that lands you.

Back