Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Can't wait to hear you are up & running and successful!

Keep at it, treat your people right and serve honest food.

You will be rewarded, Brother! Good on ya'!

Looking great and good luck.
I have to say this place is very supportive to its members. Not all professions encourage and support people this well.
Thumbs up to Marubozo and the everyone here showing support.

Post pics when you can, many people following this.

I wish I was remotely close - Great Job!

We are all rooting for you - for every response you have got, there were another hundred people reading and wishing the best for you!
Look at those thread read counts.

Food looks great - you are inspirational.

I have to say this place is very supportive to its members. Not all professions encourage and support people this well.
Thumbs up to Marubozo and the everyone here showing support.
Speaking for myself, I think a lot of us at least dream of opening a restaurant and maruboz is living that dream. He's sharing the details with us and I feel like we're a part of it so heck yeah! We want him to succeed. And everything I see in his posts tells me he knows what he is doing and will do well.

Break a leg!

And let us know how it goes (and I'm sure you will. :biggrin1:)

The smallest brisket finished about two hours ahead of schedule, but oh well. This one is going to produce some serious burnt ends. Problem is now my mouth is watering and I haven't had lunch yet.

29xhh1j.jpg

Just read through most of this thread. Amazing accomplishment. Good luck and looking forward to hearing how it all turns out. Wish I was close cause I would be there. I do have a brother in Whitemore Lake. Still a ways a way though.

That brisket looks amazing, but just slice up the point and put THAT on a sammicch!

Yeah that does look amazing for sure.
Hope alls going well adn the prep was done for the shindig

Hi Marubozo,

Relatively new to the forum and just spent the last hour or so reading the whole thread. You have planned, put your kahunas on the the line, executed on your plan with great thought and professionalism........congratulations.

With what I have seen come out your smoker and kitchen so far I am using all my will not to hop on a plane from Australia to The Prized Pig. Just can't afford ribs that would cost approx $3,000 in an airfare....BUT......I am mighty tempted! :hand:

You deserve much success and can not help but think over the coming years the way you have gone about the whole process and the fact you are offering a different offering for that part of your world The Prized Pig will become a local institution!

Good luck and thanks for sharing your journey.

Exciting times are ahead.

Regards,

Fleetz

Last edited:
I have literally read every page of this thread and continue to keep up with it regularly and never posted.

I truly hope everything goes well and even better than could ever be thought. Great lookin' food coming up off that smoker! :hungry:

Back