Lockhart, Texas... which place?

Which Lockhart location should my friend visit?

• Smitty's

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Black's

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Kreuz

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Jaskew82

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have a co-worker going to Lockhart with time only for one place. Which one should he go to? Smitty's, Blacks or Kruez?

Blacks is my favorite, so that is where I would go. Get the giant beef rib. It is not to be missed. Awesome.

Get Brisket and Sausage take out from all 3. Then go to a park and feast. Report back on your favorite and why.

Blacks if you want to meet friendly people and possibly even tour the cooking area. Smitty's if you want see their incredible pit up close. If I could only go back to one place, it would be Smitty's because of the pit.

picture.php

What Bubba said.

Go to Kreuz and get the fatty beef with a side of hot potato salad

Then over to black for some links, make sure you get the Shiner Bock sausage.

Then over to Smitty's for the beef ribs, and Hit the Chisolm Trail on your way south for some spares.
Stop in Luling for some pecan wood and peanuts.
By time you get to the Bucc-ees station at I-10, you will be ready to drop deuce.

I won't vote because its pointless. My opinion is the one that matters. Each one of these places can have a bad day. In my opinion each makes similar bbq enough to really be considered in line with the town's style. Anyone who visits all three.... well.... its silly really... because its a snapshot of how they did that day. And that really can be a snapshot of how they did yesterday because if you do not like what you had that day its probably because you are eating yesterday's leftovers. Those who know what these places do will understand that comment.

So.. where should you go? Smittys. The true first of firsts who incidentally serve basically the same **** the same way and the other two... sans Blacks sauce. If I had to chose would I go there? No. I know and worked for Ray Perez long ago so I would go to Kreuz to see him. But you, you should go to Smittys.

I hope this helps and you ignore what others say because I know my ****. Unless of course they agree with me... then its okay to do what they say.

watch the Q suck that day. LOL You HAVE to meet John, though.

I have placed "thanks" along the correct people's comments. Some of them, presumably my friends, I ignored as they are either wrong or missed the point. I love them though

Back