Venison snack sticks

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Last weekend I made 45 pounds of venison snack sticks with either cheddar or pepper jack cheese in the smoker. They turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 62
Those look more than pretty good. What would you do different next time? Did you use a pre mix kit for seasoning?

This is about a third of it vacuum sealed.

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 60
The temp in the smoker got a little hotter than I like. I always try and keep it around 190 but this one got up to 210 for a little bit. I got busy and couldn't check it for about an hour. So, they cooked a little faster than usual but they don't taste any different.

The temp in the smoker got a little hotter than I like. I always try and keep it around 190 but this one got up to 210 for a little bit. I got busy and couldn't check it for about an hour. So, they cooked a little faster than usual but they don't taste any different.

I saw the wrinkled skin and wondered about that.

Man, those look incredible! Yummy...the only time I buy those is at the gun show...would love to learn how to make em.

Holy......whew! I'd be in heaven with that much of that stuff. I can't stop thinking about it as I sit here with my stomach growling.

garzanium, they are super easy. If you have a stuffer and a smoker, you can do it. Way too expensive to buy them anywhere.

I mix in about 25% pork and use hickory wood. I think hickory is the best for the snack sticks.

Back