• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

More Human Experimentation with Pig Pollen and Carolina Magic

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
As you may recall, a few days ago I ordered some more Big Butz BBQ sauce (because the family and I really love it) and included in the order were some surprise gifts!

r_IMG_0434.jpg

I mentioned that along with all of this I also received an empty jar that was for something magical. Well, I will go ahead and share the magic with you now!:cool:

Behold! Carolina Magic!

r_IMG_0461.jpg

...and here it is when it is not glistening in the sunlight...
r_IMG_0460.jpg

Now, this may look like a rub, but it is not!:shock: Included with the gifts was a note describing each item, and the instructions for the Carolina Magic were as follows:

1. Included in the package is an empty jar...
r_IMG_0463.jpg

2. Put the mixture in the empty jar...
r_IMG_0464.jpg

3. Take your favorite vinegar...
r_IMG_0465.jpg

4. Fill the jar with the vinegar to make a Carolina style vinegar sauce!:cool:
r_IMG_0466.jpg

Behold! The REAL Carolina Magic!
r_IMG_0467.jpg

Now all I needed was some pulled pork to try this on. Luckily this was included with the gifts...
r_IMG_0469.jpg

Yeah, I know, it's not glistening in the sunlight.:cry: When I started my WSM last night to cook the butt it was after sundown, so this was the best I could do.:rolleyes:

I took the Pig Pollen and applied it to a Butt...
r_IMG_0473.jpg

I noticed a crack, or crevice if you will, running down the middle of my butt. I couldn't help but take a close up of this butt crack (I feel so dirty now).
r_IMG_0474.jpg

I cooked this in the WSM overnight until it was not only happy, but overflowing with absolute joy!:becky:
r_IMG_0476.jpg

I thought I would get one more shot of the butt crack before I slid the bone out...
r_IMG_0477.jpg

After sliding the bone out I pressed down on it a bit to prepare pulling my pork...
r_IMG_0478.jpg

This was the finished product.
r_IMG_0479.jpg

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law rushed over when they heard I was cooking pork. My wife and oldest son were transfixed by the brisket, but my in-laws are huge pork fans so they were good guinea pigs to have on hand to help judge the Pig Pollen. They ranted and raved about it, and ate until they were stuffed, taking a bag to go even!

I was the only one who used the Carolina Magic sauce. My in-laws say they don't like the Carolina vinegar style sauces (Yeah, I know, I don't understand that sort of thinking either).

I liked the sauce, it had an authentic flavor of traditional Carolina Vinegar sauce (no tomato/mustard kind). It worked very well with the pork and made a damn tasty sammich if you ask me!

So there you have it. Big Butz Human Experiment #2 at the Baker Research Facility has concluded that both the Pig Pollen and the Carolina Magic taste mighty damn good!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

That is cool....that looks like a whole pile of Magic! Plus some good looking Pork!

Glad you had a good day with Family! :thumb:

Great post!!

I'm a butt man myself...that there is one fine fanny!! Pretty sure I could get over my sneeze-inducing pollen allergy for a piece of that butt covered in Pig Pollen!!

nice score! gotta try me some of that pig pollen! how can I score some?

Last edited:
That is an awesome looking butt you got there!

I'm going to make one for the 4th of July I hope my butt ends up looking as good as yours.

Is it wrong to say that I can't quit staring at your butt? :shocked: :hungry:
That looked completely delicious. Love how that rub seems like it just melts into the meat.
Sounds like it was a fantastic day for family. I don't know about you but, good food in our house definitely means a happy family gathering. :thumb:

nice score! gotta try me some of that pig pollen! how can I score some?
It's still in the end testing stages right now but, of all the ones I mixed up recently, Pig Pollen is the one I have the most of at the moment. Might have to figure something out to do with it. :becky:

Sounds like it was a fantastic day for family. I don't know about you but, good food in our house definitely means a happy family gathering. :thumb:
Yup, I agree. Normally we do this family sort of gathering on Saturday, but yesterday didn't work out for anyone so today was the day.

Man, a dry sauce mix, that my friend is some thinking. I gotta try some of this and I am overdue for a pork cook.

Woo Hoo! I just heard that a similar package is headed my way along with a few jars of sauce.

Back