Ash catcher support bar for SS Performer?

caliking

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Mine is all rusted and so I need a new one... trying to do this inexpensively.

The ash catcher ring and bowl are in good shape. I heard somewhere that there is a bicycle part which can be modded. Has anyone heard of this?

I know a new style ash catcher ring can be installed by either cuting a notch in the leg supports or by using band clamps. I will probably try to fab my own bar, but was wondering if anybody knew about the bicycle part mod.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ash catcher bar.jpg
    ash catcher bar.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 126
The bike part is for the two cross bars on the bottom that attach the two legs together. That was my find, it's a star nut that you hammer in the tubes. I don't know of a part for the support bar. I replaced mine with the new style. You should be able to fab something up pretty easy.

there was a guy on the weber list selling them. i'm making one for a friend. lowes has the perfect fit metal and it really takes just a few bends and a hole.

J'ville: I have that ordered from Amazon... the waiting is killing me! The bar was rusted through where it was attached to the bowl, so it broke in 2 as I removed the nut from the bowl.

Blackdog: Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't find any explanation for the bike part mod.

mbshop: That's what I figured. What kind of metal did you buy from Lowes? Can you tell me specifically what I need to look for? The bar looks like it is 12" long (straight) and 1.5" wide. Did you go with steel or aluminium? I am planning on painting the bar with high heat paint so it will last longer.

Currently working on filling the rust spots on the bowl with layers of paint. Need to pick up some SS parts this weekend, and wait for ordered parts from Amazon and Weber to come in. The cart is almost repainted.

I have a ways to go before I am done, but she's gonna be a beauty!

Back