View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #156
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

that was the topic at tonights dinner. I was pressing the issue as to how this would do in comps. My wife being the harshest critic, has been 100% accurate when she chooses which entry to turn. She gave it a 9,9. In the past 2 years EVERY time she said "USE THAT ONE", it has won. We did not rate appearance. keep in mind, it was also a reheat.

So to answer your quetions.. absolutly.. But i dont think the intent of this thred is to produce competition quality.. What I took out of this thread, is that sometimes basics is better and after years of tweaking, I have been overthinking/overestimating my product.

that being said, IMO, It WAS a competition quality brisket flavor wise. My son gave it an 8, my wife and daughter two 9's. I would go with 8 in taste and 9 in T&T. But i did NOT dress it and I think a minute in the au-jus, or some contest TLC, would give it the enhancment it needed for me to go to a 9. Last night, while eating it at 3AM, and unable to stop, i think it would have been perfect.

it was 3AM though. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote