V-Shaped pellet smoker box for gas grills anyone?

Untraceable

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these? Looks like it may fit between the flavorizer bars on a Genesis. Price seems right to give it a try anyways. Love the convience of my gasser but find the lack of flavor a little disapointing compared to charcoal. Figure this would make a genisis "Memphis Pro" esque

CHARCOAL-COMPANION-V-SHAPED-14IN-PELLET-SMOKER-BOX-CC4086-3-LARGE.jpg

Links to the product page (so we can compare price) would be cool. :wink:

I've used foil packs in my Silver A and even dropped chunks of smoking wood on the flavorizer bars when the heat is low. If heat is high, they flame up rather than smolder.

I would be concerned that this would block a lot of the space between the flavorizers and affect heat distribution. You could test for that by making a smoke pack about the same size and shape using aluminum foil and give it a trial run.

I figure that I use the left side with the sear station about 95% of the time and rarely the right. They do make a shorter 6" version that may make the one side partially usable

I used something similar (some no name amazon brand) with chips and chunks and it worked out well over all. I found that sometimes the wood or chips would catch flame. But what I've learned to do is to put the smoker one side with the burners low and then cook on the other side. certainly does add some flavor.

You could also go the cheapo route and just set a cookie sheet on top of the burners and sprinkle some chips on it. I've done it in a pinch and it works pretty good. Chips will smolder and sheet blocks any direct heat.

Back