BBQ Brethren "Summertime" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Summertime!"[/size]
YouTube - ‪Summertime - Janis Joplin‬‏
Summertime by Janis Joplin!

...as chosen by Gore, the winner of the Buffalo Throwdown!

This one should be farking obvious. In case some of you farking nitwits can't figure it out though, then I will include the colorfully embellished description provided by Gore himself...
Gore said:
Had to decide fast. Erin suggested "Romance" and I countered with "Redneck Romance." Then she suggested "picnic," but finally morphed into "Summertime." If there is any question as to what that means, I think this captures it:

(this is where he pasted the link to the video above)

My internet connection is very slow at this stupid hotel, so I didn't watch the whole video.

Frankly, I didn't watch the whole video either. I listened to the sweet sounds, but every time my eyes fell upon the screen I saw unspeakable things that made me clench my hat and hide in the shelter!:shock: I may have to focus all my energies on blocking these transmissions, so see you on the other side of the T-down folks!:thumb:

If I know Gore however, the video will explain it all quite succinctly to those of you who don't wear foil.

Don't let the commie's get ya!:cop:

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/10 through Sunday 6/26.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 6/26.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 6/27 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 7/1. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Love/Hate Throwdown until Sunday night 6/19 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Carnival Food Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

I don't have any mushroom recipes.:sad:

So we're supposed to put extacy in our cold salads?

Since Janis Joplin and I went to the same High School (not at the same time), I may have to defend her legacy in this throwdown.

Besides, pretty much everything I cook in the next month is going to be Summertime food, so if I'm going to cook it anyway, I may as well take a picture of it and toss it to the wind. Who knows, maybe the Lord will look down upon my offerings, and buy me a Mercedes Benz.

CD

Hmmm im too young for some janis joplin...ill have to think on this one

Hmmmmmmm.... :confused:
If those of us that grew-up in the SIXTY'S could remember anything about summer :shock: it would sure help with this TD

Well, I guess that video really led you astray. I wish I could see it, but the WiFi here is really slow. This one ought to straighten out all these misconceptions: it's Billie Holiday afterall!

YouTube - ‪Summertime - Billie Holiday‬‏

There, that should do it. Just think "Summertime" and you should be fine, like I'm sure this video captures very well (and Al, if you add it to your rub, cut your salt in half :thumb:).

Got shrooms for me? The farmers all around here use fungicides.

Come on now let’s all get together and have a throw down
Will drink lots of Petron Tequila, and we’ll all get HAPPY come on get happy

Attachments

• ex_the_partridge_family.jpg
    ex_the_partridge_family.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 214
Back