Practice ribs

douglaslizard

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
thought I'd have a practice cook before May when i will be doing my first comp in over a year.thinking bout doing babybacks but there's just not alot of meat on them,if i do bb im def.gonna have to do a california cut.
b537c521-1e3c-4ce2-b0b8-a377da8d4250_zps595e0ff1.jpg

I'm up for the eatin' part of practice ribs! They look great.

thought I'd have a practice cook before May when i will be doing my first comp in over a year.thinking bout doing babybacks but there's just not alot of meat on them,if i do bb im def.gonna have to do a california cut.
b537c521-1e3c-4ce2-b0b8-a377da8d4250_zps595e0ff1.jpg

What is this "California cut" of which you speak?

I think its a Hollywood cut. All the meat on both sides of the bone.

Looks pretty good for a practice cook

Nice looking Cook! I wanna have some, OK?

I got a bb rib cut from my butcher that had a lot of meat left on the end. They basically looked like a lollipop lamb chop. The meat was really white and clean, like a nice pork chop. I was excited and thought "man these are going to be really good" Wrong.... It was really impossible for me to maintain the temps on the thin side and the moistness and juiciness on the thicker side. The end result was good, but not comp worthy. The whiter meat was too dry, and the thin rib meat was great. More practice needed her 4 sure!

Good lookin ribs. BBs do well in GBA. Glad to see you getting back out on the Q trail.

Back