• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Help quick. Put pork shoulders in a little late!!!!

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I put in the pork shoulders in a little late. I am cooking at between 275, and 300. Any way I can speed the process with out killing the meat. Foiling? IF so how do you properly foil. Put them on at 2:30 people coming over at 7:00 would like to be eating by 8:30 or so.

Once the IT reaches 140 degrees you can wrap it tightly in foil and power thru the stall. Atleast that's what I do in a quick pinch.

You can also cook at 325 to 350 - watch your bark, foil if necessary. I normally like to be between 270-325, but you can blast it and the pork will forgive you. And depending on what your cuts weigh, you may wanna think about serving sliced pork - you're cutting it real close there. Wrapping tight with foil will definitely help as stated.

Agree wrap in foil at 140. Make sure the foil is tight around it and it will help reach the temp much faster.

I would wrap when color is just a little lighter than the finished product you want. Add a little apple juice to the foil, maybe 1/4 cup, then fold up and hit the spurs. 375F and you can make it. Remember to rest it, unwrapped, for 15 to 20 minutes, then wrap and rest until time to pull and serve.

Been there done that. Crank up temp to 300 to 325. Wrap after 2 hours. Let them cook until tender which should be about 2.5 hours.

They seem to be doing well. Foiled them, and cranked the heat to 350. Hovering nicely. Heat rose to above 400 dampened it a little, and let some of that heat go. Looking nice when I wrapped them.

They turned out great. I have always been more of a fast cook direct heat kind of guy. NEVER ON PROPANE. Only charcoal. Anyway I decided I wanted to BBQ after finding pipe on a job I was working, and buying all the stuff I need to build it the rest of the way I spent 5 months off, and on, and possibly over 250 man hours building my pit. The result is a smooth running reverse flow pit that holds temp like a champ. Looks great, and cooks smooth. To see that smoke pour from the stack was great. I will post pic tomorrow, but the que looked great. Little tough on the inside, but I think that is from cooking a little faster than I should have. It will be getting power coated in about a week. For my first time cooking BBQ to be awesome, and for my pit to work I am going to bed happy. Two shoulders feed 14 people. I was pretty happy. And Bob-13 I am a hard core Pastafarian :)

They turned out great. I have always been more of a fast cook direct heat kind of guy. NEVER ON PROPANE. Only charcoal. Anyway I decided I wanted to BBQ after finding pipe on a job I was working, and buying all the stuff I need to build it the rest of the way I spent 5 months off, and on, and possibly over 250 man hours building my pit. The result is a smooth running reverse flow pit that holds temp like a champ. Looks great, and cooks smooth. To see that smoke pour from the stack was great. I will post pic tomorrow, but the que looked great. Little tough on the inside, but I think that is from cooking a little faster than I should have. It will be getting powder coated in about a week. For my first time cooking BBQ to be awesome, and for my pit to work I am going to bed happy. Two shoulders feed 14 people. I was pretty happy. And Bob-13 I am a hard core Pastafarian :)

Fixed that. Kinda.

Back