• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
OK... Even though it's been done, I had the ingredients and limited time so i went ahead with Bangers and Mash. I added Parmesan Peas and Onion Gravy go with the bangers and mash.

The sausages were grilled instead of the traditional pan frying, but everything else is pretty traditional. The mash is smashed Yukon Gold potatoes and the parmesan peas are based on Chef Robert Irvine's recipe. I found the Onion Gravy recipe on a British food web site.

P5010023.JPG

P5010025.JPG

P5010027.JPG

P5010028.JPG

Use this pic (unless i change my mind) :-D

P5010032.JPG

Mmmm! Looking mighty fine there! Onion gravy:-D

Bangers and Mash With a Redhot Twist

Well, OK. So Bangers and mash have been done. So I was thinking banger burgers on Texas toast but Redhot suggested banger coils to go on the Texas toast...

So, here's my rendition.

First, the spices for the meat

bangerspices.jpg

And mixed:
spicesmixed.jpg

Added to ground beef and pork with some breadcrumbs and chicken broth:

meat.jpg

Let these sit overnight but prepared the onion gravy:
onions.jpg

readyfortheonions.jpg

itsgravy.jpg

And the Smoked Yukon Gold Smashed Taters:

smokedyukongolds.jpg

smashedsmokedtaters.jpg

Then making the Banger coils:
rolledout.jpg

rolling.jpg

bangerrolls.jpg

Smoked then seared:
searing.jpg

flames.jpg

And Plated: (TD Pic Chris)

plate1.jpg

Or this one:

plate.jpg

Michele's plate:
Michelesplate.jpg

And during the devouring:

Munchingdown.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I gotta put my 2 cents worth in on this one...when Guerry said "Bangers and mash" I was thinking, "oh God, another s-load of food we have to mess the kitchen up for and then throw out in the end." Boy was I wrong!!!! This stuff was absolutely amazing! Neither of us have ever used mace in a recipe and I was concerned so asked Guerry if I could fry up just a small amount to "test the flavor". He agreed...but when we tasted it, it was farking amazing! OK, I was ready to get this show on the road - when's dinner? Forget dinner, let's do lunch!!!! So we did and wow, it was even better smoked...this is definatley a keeper and we will be having it often!!! Wow, now I know why "bangers and mash" is so popular in English pubs!

I'm going to have a look in the freezer ad see what I can come up with.

I'm thinking steak and kidney pie or steak and stilton pie. Faggots would be easier along with a side mushy peas. If I'm not cooking at my local pub the best you can get is either cheese and onion sandwich or cheese and Branston pickle with a bag of salt and vinegar crisp.

Someone ought to do a Ploughman's lunch. I'll be on a plane in the morning eating the modern day version of prison food so it won't be me. Hoped to have the time today but....well....life happened.

Back