List of BBQ Books

OK, so I've got 'America's Best BBQ: 100 Recipes' by Ardie and Paul Kirk (great book!), and I've just ordered 'BBQ USA' by Raichlen. Is there anything else I really need RIGHT NOW? I'm being tempted by Big Bob Gibson's book...Should I get it? Tell me what to do like I'm a retarded robot! Thanks!

I just thumbed through BBQ USA by Raichlen from front to back, and I gotta say it's an awesome start. Last weekend I cooked up his KC spareribs (turned out awesome) and a couple weekends ago I followed his pineapple baby back ribs recipe (another awesome one). This weekend i'm cooking up his filipino pork skewers which I have been trying to perfect on my own for about 3 years and when I mixed up his marinade and test tasted it, it was pretty much exactly what I've been looking for.

After the skewers, my plan is to do up his german style spit roasted ham hocks!

Methinks if you get those two books you'll have PLENTY to keep you occupied for a while!

A few to add I didn't see in this thread

Competition BBQ Secrets by Bill Anderson

Smokin' with Myron Mixon

My top three would be Legends of Texas BBQ, Smoke and Spice, and Peace/Love+BBQ
I tend to like the history and stories>recipes

Best beginner's book: Gary Wiviott's Low and Slow

Thanks for the extensive list! I did receive 2 of the books on this list, but it will give me more suggestions when I'm ready to go on to something new. Great idea, guys!! :thumb:

Hey, what about my book? just out (see Brethren Sales & Ventures)
Startin the Fire -George Hensler
It is a how to book on starting a competition BBQ team.

I was going to suggest it.

And trust me everyone this book covers little things like chaffing, family hatred of chicken, interventions, etc. Too bad I didnt listen to any of the advice this past summer.:doh:

Thanks for the list! I need to look for some of these titles.
Very helpful for a noob.

Back