Pork is gonna be expensive buy buy buy

If I can buy 1800 lbs at 1.00 a pound, that is $1800. If I buy 1800 lbs @ 1.35 a pound where it is gonna be in two weeks 2430. I will save 630. I can go through that amount in a month. My freezers are plugged in anyway. If I can play the market and save 630 3 to 4 times a year. You do the math! Spend more if you want, I will continue to work my bottom line!
That's what lifes about. For you owning the empty freezer the math works. For others like me it may not work. That's what makes the world go around. And truth is I hate having to thaw raw meat for cooking. Although I do have more space than I used to with the new trailer.

Good finally meeting you in NLR.

Too bad you can't freeze Parsley
57 cents a bunch at Wal Mart in Metairie LA. So 12 bunches is less than $7. I spend that much on coffee for the weekend. Was also cheap in Mobile just over 60 cents. Just don't understand the issue with parsley unless it's all that time making the box when you could be drinking.

Last edited:
Just noticed those are rib pieces can anyone explain this besides they are ribs in pieces?
I was at the depot today picking up brisket and i saw the 99 cent ribs on the way out. so being the lazy person that i am i decided to call instead of walking back in. when i asked the meat manager what it was for 99 cent he told me with his spanish accent rib bits. over and over. " rib bits" he sounded like a spanish frog. kind of funny

I bought some brisket at BJ's yesterday and almost fell over when I looked at the price. $3.59lb. The meat manager told me that he was told that beef prices are going to go way up in the next couple of weeks and had been asked to cut back on the beef order.

pork usually is up during spring and summer due to demand....but not much....I'd rather have fresh butts, and lets not forget....one power outage, or someone trips over the extension cord and unplugs the freezer and......lol.....uh oh.....as for the butcher predicting the upcoming prices.....his speculation is no better than wall streets...it's publicly traded and may very well fall through the basement floor if demand is down or feed becomes plentiful suddenly...it's always a crap shoot. Buy the way you want to buy, then price accordingly....have yet to hit a festival where anyone bitches about a twenty five cent difference if it's really necessary....it still beats hot dogs and burgs...and the line is just as long.

my cost on butts went from .97lb last week to 1.22 this week. Ribs are holding steady for me.But briskets went from 2.13lb last week to 2.56 lb my cost this week.

Mike

Here is some info for you guys, that i get from my Supplier. Has alot of good info, and is usually right on for us

Attachments

• MMM%204.10.10[1].doc
    92 KB · Views: 19
Good article...We in Buffalo are still trying to figure out how to breed chickens with four wings....We figure it will cut our wing prices in half...lol

Mine have already gone up 10%+. I was .98, got billed for $1.10 last truck.

Mine have already gone up 10%+. I was .98, got billed for $1.10 last truck.

Yup...same here...picked up 4 butts 2 weeks ago for a cook at work @ 1.45 lb...picked up 2 butts Friday @ 2.25 lb for this weekend's comp...dayum! :icon_shy Granted...we're talkin' premium pork here...not commodity...but...dayum! :tsk:

Yup...same here...picked up 4 butts 2 weeks ago for a cook at work @ 1.45 lb...picked up 2 butts Friday @ 2.25 lb for this weekend's comp...dayum! :icon_shy Granted...we're talkin' premium pork here...not commodity...but...dayum! :tsk:

That had to leave a mark. :mad2: What brand of pork. Have you heard much on briskets? My supplier tells me, they are getting ready to drop A LOT.

Running out to store up on a item for fear of a shortage or higher prices is one sure way to create a shortage (that would have never been there) and jack up the price.

These fire alarms do more harm than good!

By By... Butts,
By by Hamyness.
Hello; empty stomach,
I think I'm a gonna cry-y.

By by ...ribs.
By by sweet, tasty ribs.
Hello Chicken breasts.
I don't wanna have to fry.
By by; my pork butt; goodby-ye.

There goes my Baby Back ribs.
I'll have to Q something new.
I hope it tastes as good.
And isn't too tough to chew.
It was my favorite dish;
And that's why I'm so blue.

By by... Bacon;
You will be missed,
Everybody always loved you.
By by Pulled Pork samm-itch.
I will miss you tooo.

By by tasty pork.
And crunchy cracklins tooo.
By by Kansas City ribs;
I hoped we could spare you.
But; there's nuthin I can do.

Pork prices are going up;
And that's too much to chew.
I'll miss those thick pork chops.
And the lovely MOINK balls too.

By by... pork butts,
By by; by Hamyness.
Hello Squirrel meat...
I gotta Q somethin new.

By, by ...Pork Fat.
I am so very blue.
By by my lovely meats.
By By I will miss you.

Ok...I know it isn't very good; but, it took me about 20 minutes.
Plus I don't have any talent ... but; I tried.

haha you clearly have too much time on your hands.

Two weeks ago Butts were $0.95/lb case price at Sams here if I recall correctly. Today they were $1.29, up 36% in just 2 weeks. That's a pretty respectable hike.

Two weeks ago Butts were $0.95/lb case price at Sams here if I recall correctly. Today they were $1.29, up 36% in just 2 weeks. That's a pretty respectable hike.

They were at the 1.18lb case price in Council Bluffs/Omaha Sams for at least the last month..on Friday they were up to the 1.29 lb / case

I just picked some up at $1.02/lb. case price because I am perilously low on sausage, and it's time to make more. My freezer is packed, and I am under serious threats from the spouse if I don't start cooking what I already have instead of being sucked into more 'good deals' on meat!

Back