• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Curious as to what everyone else charges.

NotleyQue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a few catering gigs under my belt now, both large and small. I have set my prices, and am wondering what you guys charge to see if I am to high or to low.

What would you charge to do an event 2 meats and 2 sides (included are dinner rolls, and BBQ and hot sauce), have a smoker on site for show, set up and take down, and have a staff (including yourself) of 3.

Im curious to see how close I am to everyone else.

Pricing

Whats your minimum head count? Are you always comfortable posting all of your pricing online, kinda gives your competition the opportunity to under cut you doesn't it, your thoughts please?

2 meats and 2 sides are our normal starting point for any job. We generally charge $12.95 PP and thats usually Mike, myself and one of his boys. :biggrin:

Whats your minimum head count? Are you always comfortable posting all of your pricing online, kinda gives your competition the opportunity to under cut you doesn't it, your thoughts please?

I dont hav e a minimum head count, but my minimum order is $500.00.
For what I was asking everyone I would normally charger 16.00 to 18.00 a head (2 meats 2 sides full service)

2 meats and 2 sides run around $14 for us depending of the kind of meat. Minimum 50 for the full set up otherwise we charge $160 additional. We always roll out with minimum 3 people. I prefer 4 just for the hands if needed.

I dont hav e a minimum head count, but my minimum order is $500.00.
For what I was asking everyone I would normally charger 16.00 to 18.00 a head (2 meats 2 sides full service)

Your expensive, but then again, your in Cali.....:biggrin:

For a high-falootin' outfit like yours, 50 should grab about $6K, right?

Nope :shock:! Unless they order filet mignon, lobster and a few other high end entrees, appetizers, and anything else I can come up with. We are quite reasonable for our area. However, if you are talking about tablescapes and rentals such as tables, china, silverware, glassware, linens, heaters, etc. Yep:biggrin:

If you keep saying "tablescapes", you'll never find a good woman. Just saying.

And quit holding your hip.

:biggrin:.

Back