• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Authentic Jamaican Jerk Spares with Pron

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have some authentic Jamaican Jerk seasoning brought back from the island mon... and i wanted to try some jerk spare ribs.

Step 1) Removed membrane and coated with chili infused extra virgin olive oil.

Step 2) Rubbed with the Jerk rub Mon!

Step 3) Smoking with KB, Apple and Maple wood at a steady 250 degrees managed with the PitmasterIQ.

They've been on about an hour, Pron coming later! I love my jerk chicken but ribs will be something new!

Last edited:
P1010346.jpg

3 hours in looking good and showing a little pull back. I sprayed with some Parkay and will check again in 1 1/2 hours.

P1010348.jpg

I think i have a winner on this recipe. Sprayed it with Parkay at 3 hour mark and this pic is at the 4 1/2 hour mark. Getting good pull back and they're nice and moist. Technically i could pull them now but i'll go another hour to get a tad more tender.

If they taste as good as they look, you gots a winner!:clap2:

P1010352.jpg Pulled at the jerk spares at the 5 hour mark.... no foil and no sauce. Cutting into them soon!

Lost me at the Parkey. I mean Parkey?

... oh THAT Parkey.

An old Buccaneer stand bye. Easily found in every Jamaican's kitchen cupboard :crazy:

AWESOME Keith
Thanks Adam and thanks everyone!

Definitely extremely happy with the way the turned out. No need to do 3-2-1 spare ribs that's for sure. I pulled these at 5 but could have pulled them at 4 1/2 and only cooked @ 250.

What label on the Jerk sauce?
I have done a lot of testing with Jerk chicken recipes. Very very very hard to make it taste like the real deal -- meaning what you REALLY get for Jamaican roadside vendors -- partly because the use pimento wood to cook it.

What label on the Jerk sauce?
I have done a lot of testing with Jerk chicken recipes. Very very very hard to make it taste like the real deal -- meaning what you REALLY get for Jamaican roadside vendors -- partly because the use pimento wood to cook it.

This is a dry rub seasoning. Island Spice Jamaican Jerk, it's online also. This just happened to be brought back a few weeks ago.

You're right on the pimento wood, the flavor has been coming out pretty close when i do jerk chicken using Apple and Maple.

... oh THAT Parkey.

An old Buccaneer stand bye. Easily found in every Jamaican's kitchen cupboard :crazy:
LOL, I didn't have to use Parkay but it kept it moist. Jamaicans use other oils but this worked for me!

... oh THAT Parkey.

Go deep in the jungles of Jamaica...there you will find the freshest Parkay

Is Walkerswood Seasoning a good jamaican one? I see its from Jamaica.

Is Walkerswood Seasoning a good jamaican one? I see its from Jamaica.

I've heard a lot of good things about Walkerswood. I sure know Island Spice Jerk is incredible. I'd like to order some Walkerswood and compare.

If you haven't done jerk ribs it's a must try.

Walker Wood products are very good. Can be found online. Careful with the scotch bonnet pepper sauces, they can be quite "lively".

Back