Chili entry

Blanton

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
When there are ancillary events such as chili, have you ever seen or would you enter a white chicken chili. Just wondering if a standard style chile is expected

I haven't done BBQ comps, but I have done my fair share of chili comps. I've seen entries along those lines, both chicken as well as other non traditional chili entries. Assuming they were actually good to begin with, they will get rave reviews by some, but won't have the general, broad appeal across the chili spectrum.

At least that's been my experience, although ymmv and it might be significantly different at a BBQ comp.

Edited to say that I am sure yours is good, but I've seen everything from pasta salad chili, to chicken noodle soup chili, etc....

I haven't done BBQ comps, but I have done my fair share of chili comps. I've seen entries along those lines, both chicken as well as other non traditional chili entries. Assuming they were actually good to begin with, they will get rave reviews by some, but won't have the general, broad appeal across the chili spectrum.

At least that's been my experience, although ymmv and it might be significantly different at a BBQ comp.

Edited to say that I am sure yours is good, but I've seen everything from pasta salad chili, to chicken noodle soup chili, etc....

Ditto, I've seen Buffalo chicken chili, bourbon cheeseburger chili, and a number of other weird ones. I think what tends to do well around here anyway is something with a little sweetness to it.

we enter a white chicken chili in about 4 comps. a year we do and have won first place 3 out of the 4 comps. in the past 2 years
bottom line is, it does not matter what type of chili it is as long as it is the BEST chili at the comp.

Back