Just found out chargriller makes a pellet grill

coastal

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
anyone have one? Are they worth it? I know what most will say but the Akorn has a following now so maybe this will be decent as well.

Its about $500

I have a Yoder on my "someday" wishlist and I will probably hold out for that in a year or two but this has at least peaked my interest.

Our Lowes has one on display. I looked at it (not to buy) and the metal seemed really light and the doors did not seem to be lined up properly - gaps. I was not impressed. I have seen the Yoder in action and the Tregar as well. I am not a pellet cooker but there was a big quality difference IMHO.

You have to remember the floor model was probably thrown together very quickly. The difference between the floor model of the Akorn and my own assembly was like that between night and day. Personally not in the market for a pellet pooper and Chargriller's customer service is not exactly the best out there (The thermo on my Akorn was broken, and they never responded to my email inquiries, not that it would have worked very well anyway even if it were tip top).

Our Lowes has one on display. I looked at it (not to buy) and the metal seemed really light and the doors did not seem to be lined up properly - gaps. I was not impressed. I have seen the Yoder in action and the Tregar as well. I am not a pellet cooker but there was a big quality difference IMHO.

I figure as much. I wouldnt say I am in the market for a pellet but like I said its a someday wishlist item. Would be interested to hear first hand experiences of this because if it turns out as good as the akorn it might become a impulse pellet purchase. (BUt still probably not after all the maintenance and mods I have to do on my smokin pro to keep it usable)

Don't waste your money. Just save up a little longer and get the Yoder. You'll be glad you did.

Saw em at academy, they are junk IMO. Improper fitting door, thin metal, air gaps, poor temp control and pellet hogs. Save up and buy a good name brand pellet pooper like rec Tec, gmg, or yoder.

Back