Starter cubes.

I made these by accident when I left a tea light out I was using to make a cold smoker work and it liquified. I dumped some hickory sawdust in and let it cool. Now I know I can use it for something else....Thanks...

geez i just 2 sheets of newpaper and my charcoal chimney.

simple enough, always works, never have to buy anything. Always have newpapers around

those cubes would be handy starting the fireplace

That's great if you're lighting a bunch of coal at once for grilling, but if you're starting a fire for an all-day indirect slow cook in a kamado, say, one or half of one of those little cubes is great to light just a couple pieces of lump in the center of your pile, so that it will burn slowly a few lumps at a time and keep you at smoking temp all day without having to add coal.

That's great if you're lighting a bunch of coal at once for grilling, but if you're starting a fire for an all-day indirect slow cook in a kamado, say, one or half of one of those little cubes is great to light just a couple pieces of lump in the center of your pile, so that it will burn slowly a few lumps at a time and keep you at smoking temp all day without having to add coal.

ok. what I do is just put 10-20 briqs in it. Lights the same a full chimney. then pour that on my pile

ok. what I do is just put 10-20 briqs in it. Lights the same a full chimney. then pour that on my pile

About what I would want in this situation I'm talking about is maybe half a briq lit, maybe 1 whole one. Now when I'm grilling with briquettes, I do the same thing you're talking about.

About what I would want in this situation I'm talking about is maybe half a briq lit, maybe 1 whole one. Now when I'm grilling with briquettes, I do the same thing you're talking about.

yeah thats different

I am taking about starting a minion burn in my vertical.

Back