Discussion Thread: BBQ Brethren "Your Signature Dish" Throwdown! (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new category is called...

[SIZE=+2]"Your Signature Dish!"

[SIZE=+2]
GoreBeerStein_zpsb7e811aa.jpg

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Gore's favorite signature dish, and the first ever bacon stein that went viral over the web!
[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]
As chosen by
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Bluesman, for his second win in the "I'm Absolutely Stuffed" Throwdown!

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
I had this idea a while back when the pickle thread was going. That pickles would make a good TD. But, with the new format of trying to include a wider audience it occurred to me that this could be limiting. You know, some people might not have a pickle or they may not like pickles so then we will only get the pickle lovers and that would limit the exposure..........:twitch: So in the true spirit of the new format we need to have a TD which captivates the masses into joining and promotes creativity. So this weeks category shall be...."My Signature Dish" What sets you apart. The dish you, are most known for. What do friends and family ask for over and over again. I think this will attract some additional folks in a more open TD. Now you can include your signature pickle if you'd like that is a TD optional special rule.

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules will be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation in this thread.

I like this category idea. There have been a lot of recent threads related to this sort of thing lately. Very timely!:thumb::cool:

Heck, if the dish is supposed to resemble my signature, I guess I'm cooking up an unrecognizable squiggle.

I think this is a great idea. Hopefully will get some new blood in. No need to fit something into the category, just take your best shot!

I wonder if it would be easier on the mods to close or lock that thread until it starts then open it for entries.

No, it should remain open in case anyone has any questions about the category, or other *QUALITY ON TOPIC* comments or questions.

Please let us know if there is a way to help make this easier for you, other than the disclaimers on each thread currently used to help guide you.

No, it should remain open in case anyone has any questions about the category, or other *QUALITY ON TOPIC* comments or questions.

Please let us know if there is a way to help make this easier for you, other than the disclaimers on each thread currently used to help guide you.

OK gotcha, I thought it was for entries only. :thumb:

How about a Pop Up that comes up after you hit Post that says "Are you REALLY FARKING SURE You wanna Post this..:twisted:"
If I could do that for specific users, it could prove rather helpful!:laugh:

OK gotcha, I thought it was for entries only. :thumb:
I may have said that at one time. This is still a somewhat evolving transition. I'm sure Moose and I may make a couple other tweaks going forward as we see this working out in the really real world instead of how we see it in our own little minds.

Well hell, if I am going to recreate the penta-zero in my signature then I need to book my flight soon. Sadly, I think it might be a bit chilly in Alaska this time of year and those wild Alaskan hot dogs are a bit scarce.

:icon_shy

I already made a pickle post in the serious thread and had to edit/change it! Fark, this is gonna be tough -- why couldn't I just mind my own business and be too busy working like the last couple of weeks?

:doh:

Back