Another shot at brisket

Figured what hell the smoker is going just as well throw on chicken and beans!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 59
I agree totally with what landarc said earleir in this thread. I have done brisket five tiems now and I kept it real simple at the beginning and added something on the next cook and then something else on the next and so on. I looked at it from the point of view that WHEN something goes wrong the less variables I had to sort through the easier it wold be for my to figure out what went wrong.

For example when I did my first one I used a simple salt and pepper rub and ran my pit at 275. The next time I changed the rub, still ran it at 275. The next time I added an injection, used the same rub and didn't worry abut the pit temp too much and made sure it probed like butter. My last cook was a disaster from a temperature control point of view but my wife said it was the best tasting brisket I have done to date.

Just keep it simple and slowly add levels of complexity as you gain experience. I am so far from being anything approaching an expert, but I do know what works for me.

Good luck and don't forget to have fun with this.

Brian

I already wrapped it! Maybe I should unwrap when I pull beans and chicken what do you think? Can not smoke without have a few beers. Seemed like a good chance to show you 1 of my rc boats while photoing my beer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 48
She is resting!
By this point I would have trimmed a bit off one end to taste. Did you? Perhaps you have more self control. :hungry:

Coincidentally, had some brisket for lunch (from the freezer.) Still good! I wish for the same results for you.

Brisket was very tender and not dried out. I personally was not to hip of the flavor but everyone else liked it. The beans were a big hit and chicken was pretty good. Overall was one of my better briskets but I would like to have more flavor to the interior of the meat. Thanks for all help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back