View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Pig Shots for all...with love!

I don't normally cross promote until I get at least one vote in a Throwdown, I thought for sure I wouldn't have to post this in Q-talk with all the other fine entries over in the "From the Heart TD", but Pappy went and voted for me (he must be delirious from all the pron he's been posting lately) so here it goes.

You can go here to vote. I can assure you there are actually some worthy dishes over there that deserve a vote or 10 more than this one.

Without further ado, a long winded version of some Pig Shots for your viewing pleasure.

My wife's uncle was hosting a party on Saturday to celebrate his 5 year wedding anniversary and the whole family was going to be there. I decided I wanted to do something for everyone that was from the heart, so I figured I would give them all a bunch of heart attacks.

Just to show a little more love, along with the ingredients, the flowers in this shot were a gift to my wife for our 7th wedding anniversary last week.

1/2" rounds of kielbasa wrapped in half a strip of bacon. I ended up with 113 of these back breaking beauties. You know there's love involved when the clock says 2am when your finished.

I whipped up a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, and Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy.

Made myself a ghetto pastry bag and filled up the shots.

Then I topped each one off with a mixture of dark brown sugar and Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple.

The pig shot army on the egg.

They came out looking good, and met rave reviews at the party. These are another thing you just can't make enough of.

Thanks for looking.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->