Another Breakfast Fatty....this one on the Hasty Bake

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I wanted to see how the Hasty Bake would handle a breakfast fattie. I make these a lot on my other smokers but this is the first attempt on the Hasty Bake Gourmet.
I make my sausage, rolled it out inside of a one gallon baggie,
then the filling of fried potatoes, minced onions, cubed ham, cheese and seasonings..
005-4-1.jpg

007-4-1.jpg

Filled my fattie piston with the stuffing..then let it chill for an hour.

016-4-1.jpg

022-3-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

wrapped in a bacon weave and sprinkled with cracked black pepper..

034-3-1.jpg

036-3-1.jpg

I set the hot coal rack to the "bake" level and left the fattie on the top rack with a drip pan underneath..
087-1.jpg

Pulled when the fattie reached an internal temperature of 165... I was happy with the crispness of the bacon at this point.

106-1.jpg

100-1-1.jpg

006-2-1.jpg

The fried potato and ham stuffed fattie on a toasted english muffin, topped with a poached egg and drizzled with hollandaise..

025-4-1.jpg

028-2-1.jpg

I was a happy girl! The bacon came out crisp just like I like it. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Gosh that's just darn purty! Probably pretty tasty too. I have a heck of a time getting my bacon crispy without overcooking everything else. Maybe I need to jack the temp up at the end. What do you do?

Girlfriend, that's amazing food. I wish you could vacuum seal it and send it to me. As you already know, I'm a fatty, eggs Benedict, kind of guy.

Wow Jeanie, a fatty benedict! Really nice weave work too. :clap:

I need that for breakfast right now!
Looks awesome Doc.!:cool:

Oh Yum! and just in time for breakfast! :hungry:

Looks great Jeanie, as always. How much sausage are you starting with? I tried using the gallon baggies last time I made fatties, and 1 pound just didn't seem to fill the bag up.

WOW! Looks awesome. What time do you need to get up to pull that off for breakfast? Or do you do the fatty the night before and then reheat?

Up until reading this thread, I considered Mister Bob the bacon weave master. That title has now got to be passed on to Cowgirl. Awesome job!

Back