275 Custom Trailer

R

rgking03

Well I have been building a trailer unit from a 275 oil tank that was given to me. The old man acquired a trailer for me and a oil compressor tank from the firehouse. Well it is a working progress I changed the design three times due to poor design flaws. Well that is what you get for attempting something you never did before. I conducted a times burn today after completing the fire box to see what the burn time is. 3 sticks of oak and 10lbs of lump went
IMG_4127.jpg

Wow dude... dont leave us in suspence... "3 sticks of oak and 10lbs of lump went " where???? for how long???? inthe???? how does it end.

I love your smoker.. it looks awesome by the way.

Nice smoker, you are going to need supports at the back of the trailer. When you load the smoker the trailer will stand up, or move the center of gravity towards the tongue of the trailer.

I have one of those tank that I would give someone, the door is already cut out, never had fuel in it

Wow dude... dont leave us in suspence... "3 sticks of oak and 10lbs of lump went " where???? for how long???? inthe???? how does it end.

I love your smoker.. it looks awesome by the way.

Heh, I was just wo....

I apologize guys the pic cut most of the post off. I am new at adding pron to the posts. Well 3 sticks and 10lbs started at 9am and finally went out at 7pm. So 10hrs i think is pretty good. Temps were hovering between 250 and 275 using a digital therm. Everything seemed pretty air tight except around the door hinges which i am adding boiler seals to the doors including the fire box. Over all I am pretty happy with the results.:-D

I apologize guys the pic cut most of the post off. I am new at adding pron to the posts. Well 3 sticks and 10lbs started at 9am and finally went out at 7pm. So 10hrs i think is pretty good. Temps were hovering between 250 and 275 using a digital therm. Everything seemed pretty air tight except around the door hinges which i am adding boiler seals to the doors including the fire box. Over all I am pretty happy with the results.:-D

I am a little concerned what are boiler seals made of ?

The kind of stuff you don't want to breath in BUT in my experience, they work great for food :becky: Take a look at Cotronics seals. I use them on my primo and they work great.

They are made of the same fibers that wood burning stoves door seals are made of. The only problem I have with those types of seals is the fibers are very prone to flyaway. Thus ending up in the food overall so I am looking else where.

Thanks to everyone that gave me response and ideas.:clap2:

Back